Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Got a little more disassembly done tonight. Took the intake and exhaust manifolds off as a unit. Anyone have any advice on gett those two bolt out that tie them together? They feel like they want to snap.

Removed fuel pump. Organized wire harness.

Also, Gary...I did find that yellow wire that I am supposed to use for the HEI coil power.

Heat and penetrating oil, multiple times. Heat the bolts and then quench them with penetrating oil. Let it sit for a few hours and go again.

Glad you found the wire. It can be hidden when not in use. But, it is plenty big enough to provide power for the ignition.

Glad you found the wire. It can be hidden when not in use. But, it is plenty big enough to provide power for the ignition.

Yeah, its a Hoss. I didnt see it before because its shrouded. I have 4 or five dead ended plugs there.

One was going to the emissions computer thingy box doodad.

One is that yellow wire.

Im not sure what the other were. I didnt take a picture.

Yeah, its a Hoss. I didnt see it before because its shrouded. I have 4 or five dead ended plugs there.

One was going to the emissions computer thingy box doodad.

One is that yellow wire.

Im not sure what the other were. I didnt take a picture.

Hey Ray,

I see somebody up here in Canada has some 300/6 intake and exhaust goodies for sale:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1427888065&siteLocale=en_CA&requestSource=b

Asking $500 CDN (Approx $375 USD). Not a bad deal if one was looking for all of this stuff.

No idea what the shipping would be or even if the seller will ship...but would likely be in the $75 range.

Hey Ray,

I see somebody up here in Canada has some 300/6 intake and exhaust goodies for sale:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1427888065&siteLocale=en_CA&requestSource=b

Asking $500 CDN (Approx $375 USD). Not a bad deal if one was looking for all of this stuff.

No idea what the shipping would be or even if the seller will ship...but would likely be in the $75 range.

Hey corey, that is a decent deal.:nabble_smiley_happy:

I will contact them and see if they will ship to usa.

My table says "Dark Blue" and that it was only used in '82. So I don't know that anyone will have truly the right color. But a one-size-fits-all place like LMC, with but one "blue", ain't likely to match.

There were either 4 or 5 blues used in 7 years, so the odds of someone having the right ones is slim. I'd go with the "dark blue" and hope - assuming they aren't terribly expensive. Or, redo the originals? You can paint them the correct color with SEM.

Just saw this and read "dark blue"...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L5813-1982-Ford-truck-Vinyl-NOS/133030271338?hash=item1ef938d96a:g:bSUAAOSwsc1bF~Ly

My table says "Dark Blue" and that it was only used in '82. So I don't know that anyone will have truly the right color. But a one-size-fits-all place like LMC, with but one "blue", ain't likely to match.

There were either 4 or 5 blues used in 7 years, so the odds of someone having the right ones is slim. I'd go with the "dark blue" and hope - assuming they aren't terribly expensive. Or, redo the originals? You can paint them the correct color with SEM.

Just saw this and read "dark blue"...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L5813-1982-Ford-truck-Vinyl-NOS/133030271338?hash=item1ef938d96a:g:bSUAAOSwsc1bF~Ly

David, its two yards of material. Not an actual seat cover. Darnit....

Got the intake and exhaust manifolds apart. Only snapped one of the three bolts.

Wish I had a sand blaster setup....

Those parts look great! It is going to be fun installing those. Always good to go back with new parts.

On the snapped bolt, did it snap where you can get to it with vise grips? Even better is to weld a nut to the to - if you have a welder.

And a media blaster is great! Wish you lived closer.

Those parts look great! It is going to be fun installing those. Always good to go back with new parts.

On the snapped bolt, did it snap where you can get to it with vise grips? Even better is to weld a nut to the to - if you have a welder.

And a media blaster is great! Wish you lived closer.

Gary, bolt snapped flush. I will have to drill it. I have a crude sand blaster thats good enough for this job.