Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

David...haha We were typing at the same time.

I have had the carburetor for many years. It came re-bushed [throttle shaft].

If this link works, it shows what you thought of previously.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=B4A883DDC4E4BC99E7CCC27C4256354A59CA51B9&thid=OIP.93Khdo5jOxu0rPOegXpeFQHaFj&exph=600&expw=800&q=h%2ca.m.b.+the+frenchtown+flyer+intake+manifold&selectedindex=1&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6

Oh, and why not a wooden carb spacer? I have ash, pine, cedar, locust and red oak sitting here.....

Locust would probably be the toughest, and take more abuse than all the others.

How tall should that spacer be? 1"?

The spacer needs to be the same thickness as the now removed EGR spacer to maintain the correct geometry for the accelerator cable.

Yes, that is the idea I had right there!!

custom_intake.jpg.9434002f5d24e12e7ad8dd3524270829.jpg

Yes, that is the idea I had right there!!

I am going to see how this thing runs with the CALIFORNICATED carb. May have to plug a couple ports that were extra on it.

I should start getting parts tomorrow. Work is picking up, and I won't be on here much for the next month. I will try to update in the mornings or nights.

I am going to see how this thing runs with the CALIFORNICATED carb. May have to plug a couple ports that were extra on it.

I should start getting parts tomorrow. Work is picking up, and I won't be on here much for the next month. I will try to update in the mornings or nights.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-YF-Type-Carter-240-250-300-Engine-Vacuum-6-CIL-For-1971-1974-FORD/362411464002?hash=item5461681542:g:TMQAAOSwpnhbdm9j

Some have reported decent results using one of these inexpensive clones. The link is just the first one of many on eBay and is not a specific recommendation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-YF-Type-Carter-240-250-300-Engine-Vacuum-6-CIL-For-1971-1974-FORD/362411464002?hash=item5461681542:g:TMQAAOSwpnhbdm9j

Some have reported decent results using one of these inexpensive clones. The link is just the first one of many on eBay and is not a specific recommendation.

Well, that is certainly cheap...my gut says no. My eyes say yes. It sure looks the part, and seems as well built as anything else I have seen.

By the way, the Brake booster was leaking. Did Gary's test. It was hard pedal after engine shutoff. Also, took vac line off and plugged it. Started truck and couldn't hear the leak.

So, a booster and master cylinder will be ordered.

Also, I need a heater core. I see a "standard" heat and a "Hi-Output" heater core. Anyway to tell the difference before pulling the old one? The HVAC section here doesn't cover the Hi-Output. I am assuming I have the standard since it was in california....I mean...come on...who orders a high output heater for Cali?

By the way, the Brake booster was leaking. Did Gary's test. It was hard pedal after engine shutoff. Also, took vac line off and plugged it. Started truck and couldn't hear the leak.

So, a booster and master cylinder will be ordered.

Also, I need a heater core. I see a "standard" heat and a "Hi-Output" heater core. Anyway to tell the difference before pulling the old one? The HVAC section here doesn't cover the Hi-Output. I am assuming I have the standard since it was in california....I mean...come on...who orders a high output heater for Cali?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1559499-cant-figure-out-what-heater-core-i-neednot.html

Thanks...that was easy....should be glaringly obvious then.

So, just in case someone searches that on here, and finds this thread, the Hi-Out heaters have "Hi-Output" molded right into the heater box under the hood. Chris stated it is very big letters.

Thanks...that was easy....should be glaringly obvious then.

So, just in case someone searches that on here, and finds this thread, the Hi-Out heaters have "Hi-Output" molded right into the heater box under the hood. Chris stated it is very big letters.

Got a little more disassembly done tonight. Took the intake and exhaust manifolds off as a unit. Anyone have any advice on gett those two bolt out that tie them together? They feel like they want to snap.

Removed fuel pump. Organized wire harness.

Also, Gary...I did find that yellow wire that I am supposed to use for the HEI coil power.

20190422_201551.jpg.6c13d3a4718d177268d5e8cc3c07cddf.jpg