Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

I had new splines put on Dad's driveshaft and a new slip yoke added. Can be done. But might be cheaper to have a new driveshaft made. I'm going to have to have driveshaft work done on Dad's truck as well, and will be comparing new to rebuilt, but you are ahead of me.

Maybe someone else can steer us?

Remans are $274 at RockAuto

DRIVESHAFT.jpg.d891bfd88fddd8d7f0a4712a6eefe32c.jpg

Remans are $274 at RockAuto

I paid $300 for the rebuild. But I've seen adverts for new driveshafts built to your specs delivered to your door for something like $200. Don't remember where that was.....

However, that RA price is actually $221 when you return yours as a core. Don't know how much shipping will be though.

I paid $300 for the rebuild. But I've seen adverts for new driveshafts built to your specs delivered to your door for something like $200. Don't remember where that was.....

However, that RA price is actually $221 when you return yours as a core. Don't know how much shipping will be though.

Yeah, I guess it has to be done.

I am trying to make large purchases so I can save on shipping costs.

I think I will go with the MOOG progressive front coil springs p/n CC820. I was going to go with Rough Country 1.5" lift springs, but considering that everyone on amazon reviews reports 1.5"-2" of lift using these MOOGs, and that they cost HALF of the rough country....choice is obvious.

Yeah, I guess it has to be done.

I am trying to make large purchases so I can save on shipping costs.

I think I will go with the MOOG progressive front coil springs p/n CC820. I was going to go with Rough Country 1.5" lift springs, but considering that everyone on amazon reviews reports 1.5"-2" of lift using these MOOGs, and that they cost HALF of the rough country....choice is obvious.

Vinyl floor or carpet.........black or blue??? hmmmm......

Vinyl floor or carpet.........black or blue??? hmmmm......

Well, made a big order from RockAuto.

Radiator All Aluminum 2 row

Radiator Hoses

Radiator Cap

MOOG Front Coil Springs and Caster/Chamber Eccentrics

Door Panels

Door Hinge Pin kit

Black Vinyl Floor

Front Driveshaft Reman

Cab Corner Sheet metal

MOOG Steering Damper

Clutch Alignment Tool

Next Order will be after driving it around a little more. Will get a few parts from LMC probably.

I will get right on choosing a tree to cut down, and throw on the wood mill to make the new bed boards.

Once I am satisfied that the drive line, brakes and cooling system work well. I will move onto upgrading the Induction/Ignition and removing all that Cali Smog crap and over complicated wire harness. 1 wire dizzy, HEI style, Offy Intake, EFI exhaust manifolds next.

Well, made a big order from RockAuto.

Radiator All Aluminum 2 row

Radiator Hoses

Radiator Cap

MOOG Front Coil Springs and Caster/Chamber Eccentrics

Door Panels

Door Hinge Pin kit

Black Vinyl Floor

Front Driveshaft Reman

Cab Corner Sheet metal

MOOG Steering Damper

Clutch Alignment Tool

Next Order will be after driving it around a little more. Will get a few parts from LMC probably.

I will get right on choosing a tree to cut down, and throw on the wood mill to make the new bed boards.

Once I am satisfied that the drive line, brakes and cooling system work well. I will move onto upgrading the Induction/Ignition and removing all that Cali Smog crap and over complicated wire harness. 1 wire dizzy, HEI style, Offy Intake, EFI exhaust manifolds next.

Thought I would record some of the before pics now.

20190418_194548.jpg.02167de5b6bdd174b5a6f8500dbcb0d8.jpg

20190418_194658.jpg.fded3de8e6f9d62ed1d9f6fad3eb548a.jpg

20190418_194800.thumb.jpg.2dc73fc04b90eddd6fac2ecd9e7616c3.jpg

20190418_194914.jpg.d8cb4029bbcb70646a4ba433d23ed725.jpg

20190418_194921.jpg.2a1dc83735231c7bb66cde441c5c4184.jpg

20190418_195108.jpg.a08b792e86e7ad258be03196d59fbc94.jpg

20190418_195115.jpg.32d2df93f6e5f7b67f324131ad763473.jpg

20190418_195118.jpg.65b78a4e6254613763cb36ffae2b4824.jpg

20190418_195136.jpg.53be16ea224d13fa5448c622851246a5.jpg

20190418_195147.jpg.5b18e253025760ab0209ac3250f2136a.jpg

20190418_195220.jpg.7916ddd3b855dfd942a05ace314676f2.jpg

20190418_195245.jpg.fda385013f6ac1a2a6854943e353749e.jpg

20190418_195402.jpg.fcc25940f42559b6fb073bdf930aff99.jpg

20190418_195855.jpg.e43bfedbb3fd6dba748c233b14177c22.jpg

20190418_195915.jpg.81fa68dce843d2ae28d70a3e10fe4635.jpg

20190418_195935.jpg.0712f846904d4996a140e6d55794b9b4.jpg

20190418_200307.jpg.c157b929c49c1fdefb36ff52c7445905.jpg

Thought I would record some of the before pics now.

Ray - Several thoughts as I scroll through the pics:

First, that yellow-grommeted ignition box may be telling us that the truck has the high-altitude package on it. That's what my notes say here: Electrical/Ignition and on the ignition module tab. As said elsewhere, that system may be of value to others stuck with having to maintain a similar truck in CA, so you might want to gently remove all of those bits and preserve them.

Second, that trailer hitch looks out of place on the truck. Not that a Flareside w/a six can't tow, but .....

And the transmission mount insulators look absolutely GONE. I may have a pair of NOS ones.

The "orange can of death" sure shows up ominously in several of the pics. :nabble_smiley_argh:

And you don't have A/C.

Last, that rust where the floor meets the rocker looks serious.

First, that yellow-grommeted ignition box may be telling us that the truck has the high-altitude package on it. That's what my notes say here: Electrical/Ignition and on the ignition module tab. As said elsewhere, that system may be of value to others stuck with having to maintain a similar truck in CA, so you might want to gently remove all of those bits and preserve them.

Second, that trailer hitch looks out of place on the truck. Not that a Flareside w/a six can't tow, but .....

And the transmission mount insulators look absolutely GONE. I may have a pair of NOS ones.

The "orange can of death" sure shows up ominously in several of the pics. :nabble_smiley_argh:

And you don't have A/C.

Gary. I will remove the Cali High Altitude stuff gingerly.

Not sure what I think about the hitch, but could come in handy. I really dont plan to tow. BUT....doesnt every redneck need a trailer hit to hang his huge cow testicles from? It is a Bullnose truck. Why not have bull balls on the back? :nabble_smiley_wink::nabble_anim_blbl:...im kidding....

Private text or email me on the trans mounts.

What is Orange can of death?

Yup, no AC. Not a big deal. It does get hot here, but not like it does in Skiatook. I probably wont be driving it everyday, so, not really a concern for now. Maybe later I will do a Vintage Air setup.

Yes, that rocker is serious. But, I think I can repair it pretty easily. What surprises me, is the other side is just fine.

And you don't have A/C.

Not sure what I think about the hitch, but could come in handy. I really dont plan to tow. BUT....doesnt every redneck need a trailer hit to hang his huge cow testicles from? It is a Bullnose truck. Why not have bull balls on the back? :nabble_smiley_wink::nabble_anim_blbl:...im kidding....

Yup, no AC. Not a big deal. It does get hot here, but not like it does in Skiatook. I probably wont be driving it everyday, so, not really a concern for now. Maybe later I will do a Vintage Air setup.

Yes, that rocker is serious. But, I think I can repair it pretty easily. What surprises me, is the other side is just fine.

OH....yes. I forgot about the FRAM ORANGE CAN OF DEATH....yes. Motorcraft or better will be going on shortly.

And you don't have A/C.

Orange Can Of Death: Fram oil filter

Hitch: Surely there's one that doesn't protrude like that one does?

Mounts: Will have to figure out what I have and if they are right for LB82. Then will let you know.

Rust: You have a leak on that side, maybe around the windshield? And, that must say that home for the truck was up north as "It never rains in southern California".