Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Yowza! Not fun!

I initially thought I grenaded the new clutch somehow. I fully expected to see half the bell housing missing. Then my second thought was I grenaded the tcase somehow. I was relieved when the only carnage was the driveshaft.

Bummer! So it drove up on the roll-back just fine?

Its fine. We pulled it up on the rollback. AAA is awesome. Well worth the annual fee.

Got it home, pulled the driveshaft out, threw it in 4x4, locked the hubs and drove it onto the lift. Grabbed a beer and went straight to the lazy boy.

Holly and the kids werent home, so I needed to take advantage of the quiet house.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Its fine. We pulled it up on the rollback. AAA is awesome. Well worth the annual fee.

Got it home, pulled the driveshaft out, threw it in 4x4, locked the hubs and drove it onto the lift. Grabbed a beer and went straight to the lazy boy.

Holly and the kids werent home, so I needed to take advantage of the quiet house.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I like having AAA as I've been stranded a few times - usually due to self-induced problems.

I like having AAA as I've been stranded a few times - usually due to self-induced problems.

Ive been thinking......

Uh oh here we go, Ray is thinking again.....

One ujoint cap is still attached to the rear axle yoke. Ok, so that means that side didnt fail. The other cap was missing, but the cross was still intact. The cross didnt break. So the only way this happened....my dumbarse didnt overtorque them, my dumbarse must've missed a nut.

The only other time Ive ever dropped a driveshaft was in high school. I was being dumb....surprise surprise.....and neutral dropped my 70 chevelle. Twisted the yoke right off a 12 bolt rear axle.

With my old vehicles, AAA is great!

My sons Jeep Liberty keeps it up and they’ll have a tow truck following him!

Glad it’s not too serious, so far, so good I hope!

• 3 weeks later...

With my old vehicles, AAA is great!

My sons Jeep Liberty keeps it up and they’ll have a tow truck following him!

Glad it’s not too serious, so far, so good I hope!

Well, since Cory is making such good progress on his blue flareside, I guess I will brag a little.

So the driveshaft issue wasnt too bad. Other than a couple tiny dents, the shaft is still straight. I put a new ujoint in and re-installed the shaft. No weird vibs.

So I took this picture and thought it was purdy......

20190921_105104.jpg.f0b5178df1e19bb3ba7493b6ba724ae4.jpg

And this one, showing how much I love Blue...

20190921_160410.jpg.b4766de9562e29282201113f224dbbc5.jpg

Well, since Cory is making such good progress on his blue flareside, I guess I will brag a little.

So the driveshaft issue wasnt too bad. Other than a couple tiny dents, the shaft is still straight. I put a new ujoint in and re-installed the shaft. No weird vibs.

So I took this picture and thought it was purdy......

And this one, showing how much I love Blue...

Glad the driveshaft wasn't hurt. And the pic is good, he looks like he's ready to go. Which is good since you have a Cheby and will need to tow it. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Glad the driveshaft wasn't hurt. And the pic is good, he looks like he's ready to go. Which is good since you have a Cheby and will need to tow it. :nabble_smiley_evil:

That chebby truck just turned 349,600 miles. Its was only towed once. This summer when I got it stuck in a river bottom after shooting rifles with some buds.

Poor chebby truck. Its really starting to fall apart now.

I was wondering....is the frame of my 87 bronco exactly the same as the 82 flareside? Anyone know?