Bullnose Forums

M-Block/460 Auto Transmission Inspection Cover

Gary Lewis

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory - I think so. Here's the one from the advert (do you say "ad" or "advert" in Canada?), cropped and significantly lightened. And the pic on the right is my spot for one.

The shape looks the same, but I'm supposed to have three screws to hold it on and that one only has places for two. Obviously I can drill the extra hole, and enlarge them as well since the bolts that are in there look bigger. But, does that suggest they are different?

And, for $61 to my door, with another engine plate I don't need, I'm not ready to buy it on the chance. But, I think it may be it. Thanks.

Inspection_Cover_Possibility.thumb.jpg.f04948c49a688bc99302d98a6610a650.jpgAccess_Plate_Missing.thumb.jpg.8b21f7cc3a18728834a9fde86a990b23.jpg

Cory - I think so. Here's the one from the advert (do you say "ad" or "advert" in Canada?), cropped and significantly lightened. And the pic on the right is my spot for one.

The shape looks the same, but I'm supposed to have three screws to hold it on and that one only has places for two. Obviously I can drill the extra hole, and enlarge them as well since the bolts that are in there look bigger. But, does that suggest they are different?

And, for $61 to my door, with another engine plate I don't need, I'm not ready to buy it on the chance. But, I think it may be it. Thanks.

Gary, let me dig in my extra parts buckets tomorrow and see if I still have a loose cover like that.