Bullnose Forums

300 6 Intake Carb bolt pattern

Anyone have some photos, information on the flange name, sizing, or etc? Reason I ask, I think it is likely that I will get a 300 6. And I am looking at the Fitech 2 barrel FI setup. I am wondering what bolt pattern the factory intake has, and if it will bolt up directly, or require an adapter.

2barrelfitech.jpg.c1dfb8b091fb684094c6e340fbd3068d.jpg

That 2nd link takes me to an intake that must be used with headers. No big deal. Just wondering if I could tig weld AL plate to a shaved stock intake, then drill for the two barrel fitech. I like the idea of looking factory....

Oh well, we will see what I end up getting. At least I know there are options. thanks for the links.

That 2nd link takes me to an intake that must be used with headers. No big deal. Just wondering if I could tig weld AL plate to a shaved stock intake, then drill for the two barrel fitech. I like the idea of looking factory....

Oh well, we will see what I end up getting. At least I know there are options. thanks for the links.

I really like the idea of a factory exhaust manifold and a super quiet muffler setup. The 300 isn't the best sounding engine ever created. Would be a nice cruiser if efforts are made for sound reduction. Would be cool to take modern sound reducing tech, and ad it to a bullnose but make it look factory. Like the dead weights they add to exhaust pipes in modern engines to absorb vibrations.

I really like the idea of a factory exhaust manifold and a super quiet muffler setup. The 300 isn't the best sounding engine ever created. Would be a nice cruiser if efforts are made for sound reduction. Would be cool to take modern sound reducing tech, and ad it to a bullnose but make it look factory. Like the dead weights they add to exhaust pipes in modern engines to absorb vibrations.

By the time you buy the Fitech kit, fuel pump and install on the factory intake and exhaust manifolds, you still wont make the power that a Clifford Performance kit would deliver, for basically the same cost. Clifford kit gets you a carb, intake, headers and nick knacks. Now, if you could find a used Clifford intake, and header setup, and go Fitech, that would be the home run.

clifford_kit.jpg.28cef01a378e8bd0d00bcb7379586e5d.jpg

Ray the discussion of Fi Tech on the straight six came up a little while ago and David confirmed that Offenhauser recommended the C intake, not the dual plane. It has something to do with the orientation of the primary and secondary ports needing to be 90* to the engine. (In case you go that route).

Regarding the sound, I grew up around a ‘66 F100 so I find the hum of a straight six familiar and comforting. I like it. But it certainly isn’t very commanding like a V8 rumble. I think it could be nicely silenced, but (if you were so inclined) built ones don’t have to sound tame. I have no idea what was done to this truck, but it sounds great:

And something a lot less mild:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/738828752829520?view=permalink&id=1602460976466289

Ray the discussion of Fi Tech on the straight six came up a little while ago and David confirmed that Offenhauser recommended the C intake, not the dual plane. It has something to do with the orientation of the primary and secondary ports needing to be 90* to the engine. (In case you go that route).

Regarding the sound, I grew up around a ‘66 F100 so I find the hum of a straight six familiar and comforting. I like it. But it certainly isn’t very commanding like a V8 rumble. I think it could be nicely silenced, but (if you were so inclined) built ones don’t have to sound tame. I have no idea what was done to this truck, but it sounds great:

And something a lot less mild:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/738828752829520?view=permalink&id=1602460976466289

I think a 4.9L could sound cool using the split manifold. And that 2nd link sure has a deep sound to it.

I think a 4.9L could sound cool using the split manifold. And that 2nd link sure has a deep sound to it.

I read somewhere online that the late model EFI exhaust manifolds from a 300 flow much better than a factory set. Those would be ideal for keeping noise down and increasing power. Those, with a Offy intake and EFI would be sweet.

.....again......I am getting ahead of myself.....