Bullnose Forums

NOS Carpet Panel Lower Door

Oddly enough, while the catalog says that 23934 is a Cover (door trim lower), it doesn't list a single one. But, A7T is Caramel, which was a 1980-only color. So, like most listings, there's some truth in the fact that it will FIT 1980 - 86, it won't match anything but 1980.

Interesting. I’ve never seen one. I’ve seen pictures of the 1980 XLT with the cloth/padded piece above the arm rest that also had carpet on the face of the map pocket, but I have not seen a carpet panel like this that covers the lower door...

627D8FB8-46D1-484D-BC00-7F7A8CF2B26E.jpeg.b2e88c9288673c096af8ff087575c92c.jpeg

Interesting. I’ve never seen one. I’ve seen pictures of the 1980 XLT with the cloth/padded piece above the arm rest that also had carpet on the face of the map pocket, but I have not seen a carpet panel like this that covers the lower door...

From the fact that the catalog tells us what that part # is in the index but doesn't list them where they should be I think they may have been a one-year wonder. They routinely took things out that were sold out by the time the '94 edition came out.

If someone really wanted to know I'd climb the microfiche tower and check on the '82 version of the MPC. But I'm not inclined at this point. Sure wish there was an inexpensive way to convert microfiche to digital.

From the fact that the catalog tells us what that part # is in the index but doesn't list them where they should be I think they may have been a one-year wonder. They routinely took things out that were sold out by the time the '94 edition came out.

If someone really wanted to know I'd climb the microfiche tower and check on the '82 version of the MPC. But I'm not inclined at this point. Sure wish there was an inexpensive way to convert microfiche to digital.

These came on the Ranger XLT trim trucks, but only when they didn't have the convenience group with map pockets. Ranger Lariat's may have come with them as well, but again only if they didn't have map pockets.

I've seen them listed in the 1981 brochure as well so they definitely were not a 1980 only option, but this color may very well be.

These came on the Ranger XLT trim trucks, but only when they didn't have the convenience group with map pockets. Ranger Lariat's may have come with them as well, but again only if they didn't have map pockets.

I've seen them listed in the 1981 brochure as well so they definitely were not a 1980 only option, but this color may very well be.

I was saying the Caramel color was only used in '80.

Can you find those pieces in your catalog? Am I missing something?

Here is the 1981 brochure. Look under Ranger XLT in the interior section. They are listed as "Carpeted lower door trim panel".

According to this brochure,

-Custom and Ranger w/o optional (convenience group) map box received nothing

-Custom and Ranger w/ optional (convenience group) map box received plain map box

-Ranger XLT w/o map box received this carpeted panel

-Ranger XLT w/map box received map box with a smaller carpet panel on the map box

-Ranger Lariats all came with the map box and a smaller carpet panel on the map box

1981 Brochure

4.jpg.3c1da80d53fd20453363b49194d00c3b.jpg

Here is the 1981 brochure. Look under Ranger XLT in the interior section. They are listed as "Carpeted lower door trim panel".

According to this brochure,

-Custom and Ranger w/o optional (convenience group) map box received nothing

-Custom and Ranger w/ optional (convenience group) map box received plain map box

-Ranger XLT w/o map box received this carpeted panel

-Ranger XLT w/map box received map box with a smaller carpet panel on the map box

-Ranger Lariats all came with the map box and a smaller carpet panel on the map box

1981 Brochure

Good explanation. Now I understand which ones got the carpet. But you don't need to go elsewhere for the brochure: Literature/1981 Literature/1981 Pickup Brochure.

But I still can't find it in the catalog.