Bullnose Forums

Hello from eastern NC!

Operator1

My name is Chad and I have a Bullnose problem. I sold my last one 21 years ago and it has haunted me ever since. I rescued this one that was about to be scrapped as my atonement:

image1.jpeg.e5a41242667f1b3d58e8d96cabad0d34.jpeg

I used the "Neighborhood Dog" method to get it home:

image2.jpeg.d53eb9b16f541e3241ea709c2a848c92.jpeg

I have seen that there is lots of good info on this site, Thanks for the add!

Oh man...I was just about to type a story talking about how much loved the area you lived in, until I realized I had never been there...lol. I've spent quite a bit of time in Western NC, and I was either getting confused between east and west, or I was getting confused between Eastern TN and Eastern NC.

Anyway...a tip of the hat to you for that towing method!

I too sold a Bullnose that I loved 20+ years ago and had been wanting one again ever since.

Looks like you've got a good project there. According to your signature the truck has already been converted to carb?...

Oh man...I was just about to type a story talking about how much loved the area you lived in, until I realized I had never been there...lol. I've spent quite a bit of time in Western NC, and I was either getting confused between east and west, or I was getting confused between Eastern TN and Eastern NC.

I too sold a Bullnose that I loved 20+ years ago and had been wanting one again ever since.

Looks like you've got a good project there. According to your signature the truck has already been converted to carb?...

Chad - You are on the map!

Yeah, and it runs but it's not ideal. I like the 2150 but it's sitting on a Torker 2 manifold, the choke isn't functional, and the EFI accelerator cable is on it, looped around in a circle. That's just the stuff I noticed while I was getting it to start. I don't think I saw a kickdown linkage on it, either.

The Bullnose that got away for me was an '86 F350 RCLB 4x4 that came from New York. It wasn't in much better condition then than this one is now. I worked on it every weekend so I could drive it to school during the week.

The tow bar worked pretty well, but I only had 3 miles to go, otherwise I would have took the time to put the axle back together and drove it home. It was not a relaxing drive.