Bullnose Forums

Not a Bullnose...but nice for the $$$

I like the earlier trucks. A buddy at church has a '78 and we've compared parts. The '78 is made of much heavier metal.

But, while I've not had one, I don't think a 4.9L/C6 would be my favorite combo. The C6 has no lockup on the torque converter and no overdrive. The 4.9L likes to turn at low RPM. But at low R's the torque converter slips even more. So depending on what rear gears it has the MPG might not be very good.

Depends on what you want to do with the truck. That's not the best combo for towing. But, it looks like a very nice truck.

I like the earlier trucks. A buddy at church has a '78 and we've compared parts. The '78 is made of much heavier metal.

But, while I've not had one, I don't think a 4.9L/C6 would be my favorite combo. The C6 has no lockup on the torque converter and no overdrive. The 4.9L likes to turn at low RPM. But at low R's the torque converter slips even more. So depending on what rear gears it has the MPG might not be very good.

Depends on what you want to do with the truck. That's not the best combo for towing. But, it looks like a very nice truck.

Looks nice!