Bullnose Forums

Two tone blue F250

It is nice, but there should be interior pics and engine bay pics with a price tag like that, plus more detailed comments. He should show you the value instead of inserting a pushy comment. Again I see a truck that will probably beg for overdrive.

Nice looking truck and not a bad price. BUT, a 460 will give you ~11 MPG if you are lucky, and probably more like 10 with the C6 auto. As me how I know - Big Blue can crowd 12 with its manual tranny.

But a C6 doesn't have an OD nor lock-up torque converter so that 2500 RPM at 65 MPH on Big Blue just went to 2800 and the MPG just went down.

And, a 2wd 460 won't have much traction. My brother had one and said he got stuck on wet grass. Plus, the 250's ride harshly, assuming it has the 8600 GVWR springs that most had.

Nice looking truck and not a bad price. BUT, a 460 will give you ~11 MPG if you are lucky, and probably more like 10 with the C6 auto. As me how I know - Big Blue can crowd 12 with its manual tranny.

But a C6 doesn't have an OD nor lock-up torque converter so that 2500 RPM at 65 MPH on Big Blue just went to 2800 and the MPG just went down.

And, a 2wd 460 won't have much traction. My brother had one and said he got stuck on wet grass. Plus, the 250's ride harshly, assuming it has the 8600 GVWR springs that most had.

I will second the comment about traction. The ‘81 F250 that I had would get “stuck” on wet grass or pine needles. It was 4x4 so I wasn’t truly stuck but it was ridiculous how little it took to need locked hubs with the open rear. A Detroit tru trac would probably take care of it though...

I will second the comment about traction. The ‘81 F250 that I had would get “stuck” on wet grass or pine needles. It was 4x4 so I wasn’t truly stuck but it was ridiculous how little it took to need locked hubs with the open rear. A Detroit tru trac would probably take care of it though...

That's true - Big Blue doesn't have a problem in most conditions in 2wd as it does have Trutrac.