Bullnose Forums

Clean 85 Bronco

It is nice, but not that nice. And, it isn't a Cleveland engine, if that's what "v8 Cleveland" is meant to say, unless someone has changed the original engine out.

The M-Block was used for 1980 and '81 (82 in the F250's and 350's), and they can be mistaken for the Cleveland as they use the same valve covers and several other parts. But the Windsor was phased in during '82 and by '85 the only options in the Bronco were the 4.9L six, 302, and 351W.

So if it is a Cleveland it has been swapped in, and that begs the question of what else was done.

So if it is a Cleveland it has been swapped in, and that begs the question of what else was done?

Those Rosewood bezels were probably swapped in....or maybe it's not actually an '85 model.

Good eyes Gary and Corey... it’s not just the bezels and horn pad either. The passenger side air vents have silver edge, and the seat fabric is 80-84 style.

The HVAC control panel has the solid color wedges and the transfer case shift knob looks like the splines type which says 83 or 84. Between those two I’m going to say that the interior plastic looks like Canyon Red to my eyes, not the 80-83 red. So I’m going to say I think it’s a 1984.