Bullnose Forums

Blue 82 Flareside Indiana

Alright, here is the deal. Ive worked out a price on this blue 82. Garret has taken the ad down. The deal is he gets to show it to two more guys, if they pass, I will pick up the truck Thursday. Me and Rembrant will then be best friends hahaha....

So, if I get it, I will be putting my 69 impala back together, and I will bounce between the Impala, Silverado and Garrets 82 blue.

I promised him he can watch the restoration here on Garys forum, and even come drive it occasionally if he wants.

He cant beat that deal. Maybe he will even get it back from me someday if we stay in touch.

Me and Rembrant will then be best friends hahaha....

Excellence!

Seriously, that is a nice looking Flareside, and I think it's worth the effort. It's just so hard to find a nice stock-ish Bullnose Flareside 4x4. They are rare enough in my part of the world I have to build one!

I should be driving mine by now, but it's still in pieces. I am building the new bed, and I still have to rebuild the drum brakes, fill and bleed the new brake system, install new steering gear and front swaybar, etc.

Might be on the road in May...or June...

IMG_7284.jpg.788f3e54ec3e8794b6dbda6e06c062bb.jpg

And I'm still scavenging for parts for the 4x4 project that I haven't really even started yet, other than collecting a mountain of rusty parts and pieces...lol.

Alright, here is the deal. Ive worked out a price on this blue 82. Garret has taken the ad down. The deal is he gets to show it to two more guys, if they pass, I will pick up the truck Thursday. Me and Rembrant will then be best friends hahaha....

So, if I get it, I will be putting my 69 impala back together, and I will bounce between the Impala, Silverado and Garrets 82 blue.

I promised him he can watch the restoration here on Garys forum, and even come drive it occasionally if he wants.

He cant beat that deal. Maybe he will even get it back from me someday if we stay in touch.

Cool! I hope it happens!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Me and Rembrant will then be best friends hahaha....

Excellence!

Seriously, that is a nice looking Flareside, and I think it's worth the effort. It's just so hard to find a nice stock-ish Bullnose Flareside 4x4. They are rare enough in my part of the world I have to build one!

I should be driving mine by now, but it's still in pieces. I am building the new bed, and I still have to rebuild the drum brakes, fill and bleed the new brake system, install new steering gear and front swaybar, etc.

Might be on the road in May...or June...

And I'm still scavenging for parts for the 4x4 project that I haven't really even started yet, other than collecting a mountain of rusty parts and pieces...lol.

Stop posting cool pics. You'll get me all excited. Already got my hopes up on another truck, and that one fell through. If it happens, it happens. I would love to own it.

I restored a 70 chevelle with my dad. I had to sell it because we needed money at that time in our lives. I understand his hesitancy to sell it. Hopefully he would value getting to see his truck being restored here on Garys site.

Stop posting cool pics. You'll get me all excited. Already got my hopes up on another truck, and that one fell through. If it happens, it happens. I would love to own it.

I restored a 70 chevelle with my dad. I had to sell it because we needed money at that time in our lives. I understand his hesitancy to sell it. Hopefully he would value getting to see his truck being restored here on Garys site.

I hope my father is watching. :nabble_smiley_good:

Funny story: When my brother was here a week ago we were trying to get something out of the toolbox in his truck, but the lid was stuck. So we are in the bed pushing and prying - and it came open. But, it hit him in the nose, which caused him to drop the keys he was holding. They slid down the lid of the tool box, dropped between the cab and the bed, and buried themselves in a very convoluted frame under that Toy.

We spent 30 minutes getting them out, and when we got done my brother grinned and said "Do you reckon Dad is rolling on the floor laughing in heaven?" :nabble_smiley_happy:

I hope my father is watching. :nabble_smiley_good:

....... "Do you reckon Dad is rolling on the floor laughing in heaven?" :nabble_smiley_happy:

Since my dad passed two years ago, I often think the same thing. Especially when my boys do and say the darndest things.

Not much of an update. But I did hear from Garret (seller) of the blue flareside. He said the other two guys looking haven't been responding to him. So....not holding my breath, but that is a good thing for me and the boys. Levi is dying to have me get this truck. Wants to drive it when he is 16. We will see....

Not much of an update. But I did hear from Garret (seller) of the blue flareside. He said the other two guys looking haven't been responding to him. So....not holding my breath, but that is a good thing for me and the boys. Levi is dying to have me get this truck. Wants to drive it when he is 16. We will see....

I was day dreaming about what to title a restoration thread on this flareside if it happens.....

Little Blue Build?

Blue Bull Build?

Maybe Garret (seller) has a nickname for it already....

But that is getting ahead of myself.:nabble_smiley_happy: