Bullnose Forums

Blue 82 Flareside Indiana

So what transmission is in this truck that makes the transmission and 4x4 shifter side by side like that? I don't think I've seen that combination before.

That’s the Tremec 4-speed overdrive. A lot of Bronco’s had it. Gear shift on the left and transfer case lever on the right. Unique floor pan and single piece double shift boot. 👍

So what transmission is in this truck that makes the transmission and 4x4 shifter side by side like that? I don't think I've seen that combination before.

That’s the Tremec 4-speed overdrive. A lot of Bronco’s had it. Gear shift on the left and transfer case lever on the right. Unique floor pan and single piece double shift boot. 👍

Is that the TOD? I'm trying to learn.

Is that the TOD? I'm trying to learn.

Yes, the SMOD, SROD and TOD all had that configuration. I don’t know off the top of my head which years had each iteration of the Tremec, but the ‘81 brochure shows the knob with “push” for reverse, and in ‘82 it shows without it...

75A06629-E6FE-4250-9611-1D4391C1108C.thumb.png.09bc18c3b8ee6323bdb7cb0ee6656cb5.png

74BFBA3A-23DF-4146-BC3B-EDDD2BE403E5.jpeg.3dd24b3ef0bc35e79b87a7695fe51fec.jpeg

First pic is a screen shot of you 1981 Bronco literature brochure, second pic is a hand held pic of the page in the ‘82 Bronco brochure. I never could get Chris to scan his for me so I bought one for the XLS pictures. The guy stiffed me on the color chart but is supposed to be sending that now.

Thanks Jon. It looked looked like a factory set-up to me, but I wasn't used to it. The 4spd OD in a 4x4 must have been somewhat uncommon? I had assumed that the 4spd OD was only in 2wd trucks...any discussion I have ever read about regarding that trans was in a 2wd truck.

Cool stuff. Learn something new every day.

Thanks Jon. It looked looked like a factory set-up to me, but I wasn't used to it. The 4spd OD in a 4x4 must have been somewhat uncommon? I had assumed that the 4spd OD was only in 2wd trucks...any discussion I have ever read about regarding that trans was in a 2wd truck.

Cool stuff. Learn something new every day.

Not sure if it matters, but did yall miss the post when I mentioned his dad changing out the shifter?

Not sure if it matters, but did yall miss the post when I mentioned his dad changing out the shifter?

I caught it, yes. Maybe a short-throw kit of kind, or just the shifter itself.

He is down town at the moment watching thunder over louisville, the fireworks show. He said he would send tag information tomorrow.