Bullnose Forums

300/6 Supercharger kit (Used) $600 CDN

Interesting. I wonder what such a set up produces as for as hp and tq? Looks like the alternator had to be relocated to a less-than-convenient spot!

I'm guessing also that there would be hood clearance issues...

I'd like to know the HP/TQ numbers as well.

I'm guessing also that there would be hood clearance issues...

I'd like to know the HP/TQ numbers as well.

From the pic it looks like the hood would probably close with no air cleaner... but you would have to devise a snorkel and remote filter at the minimum... the thing is, if the first owner had it running you would think he would have included that piece. That in itself would make me leery of buying a blower that may have been sucking in unfiltered air 😬😬😬

From the pic it looks like the hood would probably close with no air cleaner... but you would have to devise a snorkel and remote filter at the minimum... the thing is, if the first owner had it running you would think he would have included that piece. That in itself would make me leery of buying a blower that may have been sucking in unfiltered air 😬😬😬

It is interesting. But why put a 2bbl on to feed a blower?

It is interesting. But why put a 2bbl on to feed a blower?

Gary, I know approximately zip about forced induction gas engine build up.... is there a reason that a 2bbl would be a poor choice? The only discussion I followed re blowers was a diesel Bronco guy who wanted boost off idle since he was mostly going to be crawling around and not revving enough to consistently spool a turbo. I don’t think that’s typical...

Gary, I know approximately zip about forced induction gas engine build up.... is there a reason that a 2bbl would be a poor choice? The only discussion I followed re blowers was a diesel Bronco guy who wanted boost off idle since he was mostly going to be crawling around and not revving enough to consistently spool a turbo. I don’t think that’s typical...

Most people that go to the trouble and expense of adding a blower want as much carburetion as they can get. And that kit is set up to handle a 4bbl, so why put a 2bbl on?

As for low RPM, that is the area where a supercharger shines.

Most people that go to the trouble and expense of adding a blower want as much carburetion as they can get. And that kit is set up to handle a 4bbl, so why put a 2bbl on?

As for low RPM, that is the area where a supercharger shines.

If it's most-noticeable at low RPM, that would explain the small carb. The engine isn't moving as much air (even with a SC) at low RPM as at high.

But to me, the bigger question is: why ONLY sell the SC? Why not sell the whole vehicle? The answer that springs to my mind is: the engine is ruint! So why would anyone want to buy a system that destroys engines? I'll stick with my stock million-mile engine. It won't get up to 100mph as quickly as a V8, but it WILL get up there, and stay there for hours without damage.

It looks to me like the alternator is in the stock location. There's just a big conglomeration of other crap in-place of the air pump to drive the SC.