Bullnose Forums

Extremely clean 1980 F250 4x4 "survivor"

That is a beautiful truck. 👍 You could not recreate it for twice that much money. That’s the reason people should snap up trucks like this one to build their dream truck.

Exactly. People are all too quick to compare that to a run-of-the-mill $1500 work truck. I guess it's priced high if your goal is to haul firewood, but if you want a restoration platform you could never get a work truck to that level for $7K... not even close.

That is a beautiful truck. 👍 You could not recreate it for twice that much money. That’s the reason people should snap up trucks like this one to build their dream truck.

Or, accept as is and just drive it as their "dream truck".

Indeed! There are certainly things you ~could do to it, but as it sits it's already a dream truck if you like stock originality 👍

Exactly. People are all too quick to compare that to a run-of-the-mill $1500 work truck. I guess it's priced high if your goal is to haul firewood, but if you want a restoration platform you could never get a work truck to that level for $7K... not even close.

That is a clean truck. 118K miles w/new trans + transfer case. I don't know if he means the engine is just underpowered (which can be fixed), but I like it! Too bad I'm truck poor lol......

That is a clean truck. 118K miles w/new trans + transfer case. I don't know if he means the engine is just underpowered (which can be fixed), but I like it! Too bad I'm truck poor lol......

Jim! Where have you been? Long time no hear. 😎

Yes, being underpowered is correctable. 302’s easily become 351W’s, 351M’s become 400’s, 460’s start strong, and IDI’s get boosted. But we just don’t have a good plan, yet, for the 300 - although David did open the discussion with Tim Meyer recently.