Bullnose Forums

Searching for a Bullnose

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Interesting that they put a serpentine belt system on it.

Edit: I like where they put the gauges, I probably wouldn't put them there.

It sure is a big mother trucker isnt it? Hahaha. Too big for my flavor. But it is awesome.

I may lean towards an extended cab.

I will keep my eye out for anything really nice...

You have left it pretty much wide open though... do you have any preference regarding 4x4 vs 4x2? Half ton vs 8 lug trucks? Engine type? I realize you may be flexible, but I’m just trying to get a logic bead on what your ideal find might be.

That crew cab is sweet! It is a big ‘un... but the cab space is fantastic with kids growing to adult size. You won’t have much luck lowering a mono beam 4x4 like that though. Pretty sure you are looking at the stock height. Smaller tires would bring it down a touch, but that’s how they sit.

I will keep my eye out for anything really nice...

You have left it pretty much wide open though... do you have any preference regarding 4x4 vs 4x2? Half ton vs 8 lug trucks? Engine type? I realize you may be flexible, but I’m just trying to get a logic bead on what your ideal find might be.

That crew cab is sweet! It is a big ‘un... but the cab space is fantastic with kids growing to adult size. You won’t have much luck lowering a mono beam 4x4 like that though. Pretty sure you are looking at the stock height. Smaller tires would bring it down a touch, but that’s how they sit.

The main thing is condition. I have a budget up to $8000. I do not have a need for 4x4, but wouldnt pass up a nice one.

Honestly, I do not have my heart set on a drive train configuration. I think the 300 6 is pretty cool and want to build a turbocharged 300 eventually. I have never owned a diesel, so if we found one, it would be a new adventure for me, an adventure I would not oppose.

I am pretty familiar with the 302. Ive not owned a 351 or bigger gas ford.

As far as colors go, im more attracted to the reds, maroons, blues and silvers. I do like the brown and tan combo also. There are some odd colors I find not so attractive. The tan interior and gray interior are towards the bottom of my list. I have fond memories of being a child riding in trucks and vans with red and blue interiors.

Extended cabs look great, and I could haul the family too, but we have a tahoe and extended cab silverado, so not really needed. A slighty lifted short bed or flareside regular cab with taller ATs, level stance....hard to pass up.

Truth is, I will probably end up having two or three trucks as time marches on.

Thanks, I will continue searching also.

The main thing is condition. I have a budget up to $8000. I do not have a need for 4x4, but wouldnt pass up a nice one.

Honestly, I do not have my heart set on a drive train configuration. I think the 300 6 is pretty cool and want to build a turbocharged 300 eventually. I have never owned a diesel, so if we found one, it would be a new adventure for me, an adventure I would not oppose.

I am pretty familiar with the 302. Ive not owned a 351 or bigger gas ford.

As far as colors go, im more attracted to the reds, maroons, blues and silvers. I do like the brown and tan combo also. There are some odd colors I find not so attractive. The tan interior and gray interior are towards the bottom of my list. I have fond memories of being a child riding in trucks and vans with red and blue interiors.

Extended cabs look great, and I could haul the family too, but we have a tahoe and extended cab silverado, so not really needed. A slighty lifted short bed or flareside regular cab with taller ATs, level stance....hard to pass up.

Truth is, I will probably end up having two or three trucks as time marches on.

Thanks, I will continue searching also.

Maybe it will be a lot of work, but I made an offer on that blue 82 flareside. If I get it, I will go ahead and put the Impala back together stock. That way I will use that for my backup. And I will take the body off this blue truck and start a frame up.

Maybe it will be a lot of work, but I made an offer on that blue 82 flareside.

Cool! I hope you get it. I love them and I'm always happy to see more Flareside owners around;).

I am trying to get my 84 2wd Flareside back together to drive this summer, and I'm working on building an 85 4x4 Flareside as a longer term project!

That blue 82 looks great in the pictures. So many of them are either beat or modified to death, or BOTH these days. Nice to see them relatively clean and straight. Oh...and I have a thing for blue...lol.

Maybe it will be a lot of work, but I made an offer on that blue 82 flareside. If I get it, I will go ahead and put the Impala back together stock. That way I will use that for my backup. And I will take the body off this blue truck and start a frame up.

I hope you get it! Looks like a worthy truck for a frame-up restification.

Maybe it will be a lot of work, but I made an offer on that blue 82 flareside.

Cool! I hope you get it. I love them and I'm always happy to see more Flareside owners around;).

I am trying to get my 84 2wd Flareside back together to drive this summer, and I'm working on building an 85 4x4 Flareside as a longer term project!

That blue 82 looks great in the pictures. So many of them are either beat or modified to death, or BOTH these days. Nice to see them relatively clean and straight. Oh...and I have a thing for blue...lol.

Yes, I immediately thought of yours. However, it looks better in the pictures than in real life. The paint is glossy, but was a low budget paint job, and has many flaws. BUT its solid. Minimal rust, pretty much concentrated on cab corners and drivers floor board.

I hope you get it! Looks like a worthy truck for a frame-up restification.

Yes Gary, it would be exciting.

I am also dickering on a bullnose bronco. Havent made any offers yet but have him to $4500. I will post link in a minute.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/bowling-green-1986-ford-bronco-4x4/6865925975.html

What yall think about this bronco?

Also, he clai.s a 351 windsor. Was that an option in 86 for bronco? I think we had this discussion friday or saturday.