Bullnose Forum

Favorite feature or trim on the Bullnose's?

Man, that brushed aluminum fisish looked so so good! i read through and apparently the XLS was higher that the XLT Lariat in trims. I saw that when i was looking at what came in each trim level. That blue Freewheelin A package Bronco looks so pretty! the B package (had the tri tone tape stripe) looked cooler but i would still drive one with just the pinstriping like that one has! Yeah on the note of that CB Gary, i keep forgetting that nobody really had phones back then like we do now. it makes sense on why you would need one if you look at it from a 1980s prespective, not a 2019 prespective!

Anybody who knows me from FTE knows that I LOVE Ranger trim trucks. Ranger, Ranger XLT, and especially Ranger Lariat.

My favorite option would probably have to be tu-tone paint. Love me some two-tone trucks.

Anybody who knows me from FTE knows that I LOVE Ranger trim trucks. Ranger, Ranger XLT, and especially Ranger Lariat.

My favorite option would probably have to be tu-tone paint. Love me some two-tone trucks.

Yeah, i would probibly have to have a Victoria 2 tone Lariat XLT truck fully loaded and looked like the blue XLT Lariat in the 1980 or 81 brochure. make it 4wd, 4 speed stick, 351W and im a happy man. Kinda off topic but does anyone know how much these trucks originally cost? like buy it new off da lot in 80-86. i thought i saw a chart that showed it was like 14k or something in 1980 standards.

Yeah, i would probibly have to have a Victoria 2 tone Lariat XLT truck fully loaded and looked like the blue XLT Lariat in the 1980 or 81 brochure. make it 4wd, 4 speed stick, 351W and im a happy man. Kinda off topic but does anyone know how much these trucks originally cost? like buy it new off da lot in 80-86. i thought i saw a chart that showed it was like 14k or something in 1980 standards.

I have some dealer pricing info that I could probably scan in tomorrow and put up on the site.

As for the truck you described, here's Big Blue: XLT Lariat Explorer package with cruise, tilt, camper/trailer, auxiliary battery, etc. And you can see the other bits in the signature. (By the way, you could have a signature that tells us what you are hunting for. Perhaps someone will know of one.)

After_Wash_and_Wax_Front_Quarter_-_Smaller.thumb.jpg.741cc91a6ed3f77a1ff599303a96be01.jpg

I have some dealer pricing info that I could probably scan in tomorrow and put up on the site.

As for the truck you described, here's Big Blue: XLT Lariat Explorer package with cruise, tilt, camper/trailer, auxiliary battery, etc. And you can see the other bits in the signature. (By the way, you could have a signature that tells us what you are hunting for. Perhaps someone will know of one.)

Yeah, as of now, its gotta be a single cab, styleside, 8 foot bed is pretty much it, preferebly nothing too beat up. That is a rare Explorer, super cool though! Ford only made those for a few months and the options for em changed every year. Super neat trucks! Was the Explorer a trim package or like an apperance package you ordered on the truck? cause from what ive seen, it looks more like an apperance thing than its own trim level. Pricing info would be really appreciated! I think it would be super cool just to have it on here! Maybe even add what it would be worth in todays money! If i remember correctly i saw one of the Explorer brochures and the top Explorer package was like a 600 dollar option. Thats probibly 1500, 2k in todays money!

It's no secret that my favorite trim on the Bullnose was the early 1985 optional upper molding. This style was only used for a short time and then quickly discontinued:

I am also a big fan of the revised 1985/1986 tailgate finish panel. This design previewed the similar tailgate finish panel that was used on the later 1987 - 1996 trucks:

And I think the optional bumper guards look great on these trucks. These were rarely seen again after the 1987 re-design:

That truck is Gorgeous!

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that brushed aluminum fisish looked so so good! i read through and apparently the XLS was higher that the XLT Lariat in trims. I saw that when i was looking at what came in each trim level. That blue Freewheelin A package Bronco looks so pretty! the B package (had the tri tone tape stripe) looked cooler but i would still drive one with just the pinstriping like that one has! Yeah on the note of that CB Gary, i keep forgetting that nobody really had phones back then like we do now. it makes sense on why you would need one if you look at it from a 1980s prespective, not a 2019 prespective!

The XLT Lariat trim was a higher trim package than the the XLS, not the other way around.

Since you prefer tu-tone trucks with a long bed, I have always liked the Victorian tu-tone paint scheme and the colors on this truck:

I have always liked the Victorian tu-tone paint scheme and the colors on this truck:

I remember when he sent me the interior pictures, my jaw dropped on the floor. Looking at them again makes me want to do another Lariat but I want a beater truck this time around.