Bullnose Forums

Favorite feature or trim on the Bullnose's?

While I do like the XLT/Lariat packages, and they do make the trucks looks sexy as all get out, I actually prefer them more on the plain/solid color side. My favorite Bullnose option would have to be the Flareside beds. The truck below is a good example of what I mean...single solid color.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/759393350/overview/?aff=stemp2&CMP=stemp2

Some people would find that to be kinda of blah, but that's just my thing.

There are a lot of things that I really like about the Bullnose trucks...it was the end of an era for me, especially since it was basically the end of the old school Flareside beds with the tailgate chains and wooden bed floors, etc. Headlights were still made out of glass...dimmer switch on the floor, rubber floors and vinyl seats, big skinny steering wheel, vent windows, carbs and DSII ignitions,...the list goes on. The Bullnose trucks still had a lot of old-school features that mostly disappeared after 1986, or shortly after 1986.

While I do like the XLT/Lariat packages, and they do make the trucks looks sexy as all get out, I actually prefer them more on the plain/solid color side. My favorite Bullnose option would have to be the Flareside beds. The truck below is a good example of what I mean...single solid color.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/759393350/overview/?aff=stemp2&CMP=stemp2

Some people would find that to be kinda of blah, but that's just my thing.

There are a lot of things that I really like about the Bullnose trucks...it was the end of an era for me, especially since it was basically the end of the old school Flareside beds with the tailgate chains and wooden bed floors, etc. Headlights were still made out of glass...dimmer switch on the floor, rubber floors and vinyl seats, big skinny steering wheel, vent windows, carbs and DSII ignitions,...the list goes on. The Bullnose trucks still had a lot of old-school features that mostly disappeared after 1986, or shortly after 1986.

I belive he is talking about the Light Group, you got an under the hood light, a dome light, glove box light, and bed/ Cargo light. The toolbox thing that comes with the package sounds really cool. Is it useful?

I belive he is talking about the Light Group, you got an under the hood light, a dome light, glove box light, and bed/ Cargo light. The toolbox thing that comes with the package sounds really cool. Is it useful?

If you are referring to Delco, he asked what came with the toolbox option. Here's what the '81 brochure says, with the light group © in the lower left and the toolbox option (E) towards the center. Both get the underhood work light, but nothing else in common.

4782777.thumb.jpg.b0fa8885d30ec5797d98afacd4d8e1f6.jpg

Oh, thats so cool, it makes sense to offer the 2 together, toolbox and underhood light. My other favorite option would have to probibly be the CB Radio that was offered on all years of the Bullnose. You cant even get a built in CB n modern trucks, so hats off to Ford for that genius idea, IDK why ya would need one but its cool!

I think pretty much everyone here knows my pet trim line is the XLS... I don’t own one but I have some parts 🙂

I’m also quite fond of the 80/81 Freewheelin package trucks with the boxed in body panel stripes and marchal fog lights.

The under hood tool box is extremely nice to have, especially in a regular cab truck where there isn’t a lot of place to keep tools. But even besides the storage, it’s just convenient to have right there in the engine bay loaded with your basic go-to tool set.

...CB...IDK why ya would need one but its cool!
Because cell phones, FMRS/GMRS walkie-talkies, & radar detectors hadn't been invented back then (but neither had police radar); and police scanners were more-expensive & less-useful; so a CB was the best way to find out where the cops were, as well as communicate with other drivers & a few gas stations.

My favorite trim was XLS because it's very functional & rare. :nabble_smiley_wink: But I've only seen 2 IRL, and never owned one.

Favorite feature is either sliding side windows (Bronco only) or aux.batt. because they're rarer. :nabble_smiley_good: But the battery is VASTLY more-useful than the windows. :nabble_smiley_sad: I've had both.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/72092/thumbnail/slider-2.jpg

https://supermotors.net/getfile/905422/thumbnail/battrelayaux.jpg