Bullnose Forum

351 veterans...does this sound cammed?

As the title suggests does this sound cammed, or is this just the sound of a poorly set up carburetor mixture? She doesnt normally smoke, I have been adjusting the mixture (waiting on my vacuum gauge to come in) so its out of whack, just trying to figure out if this thing has a performance cam and unsure if sound alone can give that away with a bad mixture.

Really difficult to tell with the open exhaust. And it could be an air/fuel mix problem. But I agree with Pete that it sounds like it has more overlap than stock.

I would have liked to heard her more too guys :nabble_smiley_tongue: thats about all I could get her to do without stuttering out from the bad carb mix! My vacuum gauge is on the way so hopefully I can get her dialed in soon to get a good idle and see what she really sounds like.

Not sure if it's needed - but for comparison, this is how my truck sounds... which has a 351W with an aftermarket cam. New carb, new vacuum hoses, fresh plugs and leads:

That's a pretty sweet sound quarterwave. 'would make a great ring tone.

Nice work, looks and sounds very nice.

That has a really deep sound. What mufflers?

Thanks guys.

Simple exhaust setup - 2 & 1/2" Hedman headers into dual 2 1/4" pipes into Jegs-brand mufflers that terminate just before the gas tank and point down to the ground - but still hidden from side-view (one on the gas tank side and the other on the non-tank side).

exhaust-header-11-04-18.jpg.5f034b3d7b2899bbc637174e0da23eaa.jpg

exhaust-header-driver-side-11-04-18.jpg.901cf829e29ec80bb665fda02a2757ec.jpg

exhaust-system-driver-side-11-04-18.thumb.jpg.1a0197063d57fd921e04a1247b73e73c.jpg