Bullnose Forums

Changes To Website, & Therefore The Forum

I made a change to the website tonight to put the width at 100% instead of 1000 pixels. I'd like your comments on how this works, but at first blush it seems to utilize the width of my screens much better. And, it seems to now work on my phone (iPhone 10) in portrait mode as well as landscape mode.

So, please check it out and let me know.

At first blush it seems good on my iPhone X also. It does not do it often, but sometimes a pic will stretch the screen wider than what the phone can “see” and you can’t scroll it in to view. Maybe this will fix that? I can remember off hand an example but I will keep my eye out.

At first blush it seems good on my iPhone X also. It does not do it often, but sometimes a pic will stretch the screen wider than what the phone can “see” and you can’t scroll it in to view. Maybe this will fix that? I can remember off hand an example but I will keep my eye out.

This should fix that. Now, by using percentages instead of pixels, we can control how much of the screen is used. So narrow screens show pictures smaller and the text goes way down the page. And wide screens, like this laptop, have wide pictures and the text uses all of the screen's width.

On top of that, the website pages themselves are bigger. Documents use more of the screen. I'm wondering why I didn't do this years ago!

Just checked out another Ford truck forum for comparison. Wow, there sure is a lot of real estate used for adverts. And even when you have an adblocker turned on that's wasted space.

This should fix that. Now, by using percentages instead of pixels, we can control how much of the screen is used. So narrow screens show pictures smaller and the text goes way down the page. And wide screens, like this laptop, have wide pictures and the text uses all of the screen's width.On top of that, the website pages themselves are bigger. Documents use more of the screen. I'm wondering why I didn't do this years ago!Just checked out another Ford truck forum for comparison. Wow, there sure is a lot of real estate used for adverts. And even when you have an adblocker turned on that's wasted space.
Well, there are lots of advantages to the new approach. One is that it lets me make the pictures on web pages bigger. As an example, check out Page 56, which hasn't been resized to take advantage of the new real estate, with that of Page 57 which has been. Can you see the difference? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

The downside is that I have to visit each of those pics and adjust them in the Weebly editor. And, since we don't yet know that this doesn't break something, I'll not do any more than Pg 57 and the whole next section.

But, go look at the wiring diagrams. Zoom in on them and watch while they now fill all of your screen. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I'm a happy camper, so I sure hope y'all don't burst my bubble. But, tell me the truth! :nabble_anim_working:

Well, there are lots of advantages to the new approach. One is that it lets me make the pictures on web pages bigger. As an example, check out Page 56, which hasn't been resized to take advantage of the new real estate, with that of Page 57 which has been. Can you see the difference? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

The downside is that I have to visit each of those pics and adjust them in the Weebly editor. And, since we don't yet know that this doesn't break something, I'll not do any more than Pg 57 and the whole next section.

But, go look at the wiring diagrams. Zoom in on them and watch while they now fill all of your screen. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I'm a happy camper, so I sure hope y'all don't burst my bubble. But, tell me the truth! :nabble_anim_working:

My neck hurts now from reading from one side to the other! :nabble_smiley_happy:I like it. The picture of the tranny looks real good!

Well, you can skip my post in the Suggestions thread...Everything looks good to me, but can you make the Message (Reply) text box full-width?

Well, you can skip my post in the Suggestions thread...

Everything looks good to me, but can you make the Message (Reply) text box full-width?

Several things. First, I had email notifications that you two had posted, but when I came to this thread not only did I not find your posts but I didn't find Jonathan's and another couple of mine. But, after trying a couple of times here they are. :nabble_anim_confused:

And, the extra width is great for documentation and pictures, but is also a problem with text as the eye may lose track of which line you are one as you scroll from side to side. Let's run it this way and see what we think, but I suspect that problem is easily offset by the much larger documentation.

Grumpin - I can't wait to see this on my giant monitors in the shop! I may have to back up to use them. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Steve - I can't change the message reply box as it is set by Nabble, the forum outfit. But I will ask them if they can. I'd already spotted that.

All - Keep your eyes peeled for any anomalies and let me know, please. But, all of you should chime in with your thoughts as well.

Several things. First, I had email notifications that you two had posted, but when I came to this thread not only did I not find your posts but I didn't find Jonathan's and another couple of mine. But, after trying a couple of times here they are. :nabble_anim_confused:

And, the extra width is great for documentation and pictures, but is also a problem with text as the eye may lose track of which line you are one as you scroll from side to side. Let's run it this way and see what we think, but I suspect that problem is easily offset by the much larger documentation.

Grumpin - I can't wait to see this on my giant monitors in the shop! I may have to back up to use them. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Steve - I can't change the message reply box as it is set by Nabble, the forum outfit. But I will ask them if they can. I'd already spotted that.

All - Keep your eyes peeled for any anomalies and let me know, please. But, all of you should chime in with your thoughts as well.

Looks good to me, quite a shock when I opened the site and it filled my 22" monitor. I like it!

Looks good to me, quite a shock when I opened the site and it filled my 22" monitor. I like it!

Last night I was impressed with how much difference it made on this tablet. Then I fired up my laptop and was stunned! WOW!

But, I've not made it to the shop with the big monitors. :nabble_smiley_happy: