Bullnose Forums

fast easy way to clean and remove rust from dash

I went to the Portland Swap meet which was hugeeeeeee. Nary a single interior panel/dash to be found. I think i'm learning that when you find a compatible part of ebay, just buy it. And i might be changing my mind on nutmeg parts (cough *armrests*) - i may just start hoarding anything i find lol.

Hey Delco,

There is a salvage yard (or several yards, same company) in Oregon that always has loads of Bullnose stuff for sale...interior/dash parts too. I can't think of what they're called at the moment...A&B Auto Parts or something like that. Have you tried them for Bullnose stuff?

I must go see if I can find them now...hang on...

I went to the Portland Swap meet which was hugeeeeeee. Nary a single interior panel/dash to be found. I think i'm learning that when you find a compatible part of ebay, just buy it. And i might be changing my mind on nutmeg parts (cough *armrests*) - i may just start hoarding anything i find lol.

Hey Delco,

There is a salvage yard (or several yards, same company) in Oregon that always has loads of Bullnose stuff for sale...interior/dash parts too. I can't think of what they're called at the moment...A&B Auto Parts or something like that. Have you tried them for Bullnose stuff?

Theres an A&B auto wrecking? But i didnt see any website specific to them - let me know if this is it or if you think of it!

Hey Delco,

Oh...sorry, not A&B, it was B&R...lol:

Not sure if this link will work...everything is listed as 80-86 Bronco...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&nordt=true&_ssn=bandrauto&item=233122889897&orig_cvip=true&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC0.A0.H0.X80-86+bronco.TRS0&_nkw=80-86+bronco&_sacat=0

this looks like a gold mine! Thanks!

Also in this process i realized that the guy who put in the current radio ruined my bezel faceplate to make it fit. I also picked up a clock at the JY (my truck never came with one)....so if anyone has an extra rosewood XLT with radio and clock options for sale, let me know :nabble_smiley_wink:

Not XLT, but....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-1980-1984-Ford-F-Series-Bronco-Radio-Dash-Bezel-Woodgrain-With-Clock/223449400843?epid=1123872360&hash=item34069f460b:g:qKsAAOSwbsRa0V1I

Regarding the bezel on eBay, i might wait to see if one pops up for less, that seems a bit high (??). And i realize the thread is morphing a bit - but could anyone help me connect my clock? I might post a pic, the (unused) connector mounted to my lower dash, just to the right/passenger side of the radio has a black, white, blue, and green wire. The connection on the schematics on this site show a white/purple, black, yellow/green, and brown. I connected the white to white and black to black and the clock didn't seem to work - it seems like the black was ground and one of the other connections were power, it just depended on if power went through the dimmer switch, didn't, or hot in the run/accessory position. I would assume it would show some sign of life with any of the three power wires and the ground connected??? (cause it didn't :nabble_smiley_sad: )What i can't find is what the bright blue and green wires connect to?