Bullnose Forums

NOS Horn button pad [what's with the John Deere bezel?]

That pattern is what came on the Econoline vans, but could also have come from a passenger car as well.

Now that's very interesting.

That's definitely a post-1968 logo (used up to 1999). I wonder if it could have been from the era when they were building RV chassis under a couple different brands and outfitting them with Ford powertrains in the 80's ?

My grandfather owned the local John Deere & Caterpillar dealership in the little town where I grew up. I recall that Deere had some kind of agreement with GM in the 80's where they supplied an option for Deere-branded diesels in their pickups. My grandfather mentioned he politely declined the offer on a deal to have these for local deliveries given his preference for Fords.

There was a 20 year period in that decade and the one prior where they licensed their logo to go on all kinds of merchandise they didn't directly make, but I would imagine there's some specific cross-over related to that wheel.

I wish he was still around to ask, he would have been able to explain it in an instant.