Bullnose Forums

Nice original '85 F150 on Ebay (37k orig miles, one owner)

Not a bad lookin' old F150. The big mirrors look out of place on this truck to me, but it gets a notable mention for very low miles and being a one-owner. Has the pressure sensitive molding. Looks a little rusty underneath back around the trailer hitch, etc, but overall I think looks pretty clean. It was a late build for an '85 (Cert label says 06/85).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293034521068

This does look a little crusty underneath... but probably not bad for the NY location. The big tripod mirrors do look a bit out of place, but you sure can see out of them. My 81’s passenger side mirror is pretty much worthless except for the convex stick-on. I’m tempted to pull the tripod ones off my diesel since I have west coast medium duty ones for when I get it back on the road...

This does look a little crusty underneath... but probably not bad for the NY location. The big tripod mirrors do look a bit out of place, but you sure can see out of them. My 81’s passenger side mirror is pretty much worthless except for the convex stick-on. I’m tempted to pull the tripod ones off my diesel since I have west coast medium duty ones for when I get it back on the road...

For $3303 that's a steal. Yes, it is a bit crusty in the rear, but the body is straight and seemingly w/o rust. The 5.0L, AOD, and the 3.55 gears would make it economical to operate.

But, to equip a truck w/a 5.0L and AOD with those mirrors, that hitch, and the camper/trailer package is :nabble_anim_crazy:.

For $3303 that's a steal. Yes, it is a bit crusty in the rear, but the body is straight and seemingly w/o rust. The 5.0L, AOD, and the 3.55 gears would make it economical to operate.

But, to equip a truck w/a 5.0L and AOD with those mirrors, that hitch, and the camper/trailer package is :nabble_anim_crazy:.

It would be a steal at that price but the reserve isn’t met and the auction still has a ways to go yet... what else do you see that indicates a tow package besides the hitch and mirrors?

It would be a steal at that price but the reserve isn’t met and the auction still has a ways to go yet... what else do you see that indicates a tow package besides the hitch and mirrors?

Missed that it is an auction and the reserve hasn't been met. As for the trailer package, the description at the bottom says "trailer towing/ camper package" and "receiver hitch with trailer brake". Seems like they went with the light-duty driveline and heavy-duty accessories.

Missed that it is an auction and the reserve hasn't been met. As for the trailer package, the description at the bottom says "trailer towing/ camper package" and "receiver hitch with trailer brake". Seems like they went with the light-duty driveline and heavy-duty accessories.

Nice! If it had some tires under it maybe those mirrors wouldn't look so out of place.

It's up to $5700 bucks already and has 7+ days to go. Reserve not met.

I don't know if this thing will fetch big bucks or not. They seem to hit the high bid prices mid way through the auction and then just sit there until the end.

It's up to $5700 bucks already and has 7+ days to go. Reserve not met.

I don't know if this thing will fetch big bucks or not. They seem to hit the high bid prices mid way through the auction and then just sit there until the end.

I agree. Many things I've watched have gotten into "reasonable territory" mid way in the time period and then sat there. That gets me interested thinking it'll go for about that, but then it goes bonkers at the end. :nabble_smiley_cry: