Bullnose Forums

Transmission +

Thanks to all on the bed-liner advice. I am going with a color match spray in since that is the general agreement. I will post a pic when it is done.

Couple of questions: The transmission (1984 F150) is pretty rough sometimes going in to overdrive. Is that normal? It usually is pretty hard when I let off gas and then it goes into 4th.

Any advice on restoring chrome trim on radio and dash bezel?

Thanks to all

I believe there are a couple ways to do this, but I can tell you that I did it the cheap and dirty way with a silver Sharpie pen.

My 1984 F150 is a radio delete model, but has the silver trim. I picked up a radio bezel from a 1985 F150 that was basically the same weave pattern, but did not have the silver trim. See below:

IMG_5747.jpg.b8d4e3ecdba539da6da391a2e180ff61.jpg

And below is a picture after I did the 1985 radio bezel edge with the silver pen. Nobody will ever know thw difference. My original untouched 1984 bezel on the left, and the touched up 1985 bezel on the right.

IMG_5756.jpg.e396a6879710a329f2ef8ede64cafef8.jpg

But even better, we have some Bullnose bezel experts on here (Jon) and I believe he painted the silver edge on a bezel or two with good results.

I believe there are a couple ways to do this, but I can tell you that I did it the cheap and dirty way with a silver Sharpie pen.

My 1984 F150 is a radio delete model, but has the silver trim. I picked up a radio bezel from a 1985 F150 that was basically the same weave pattern, but did not have the silver trim. See below:

And below is a picture after I did the 1985 radio bezel edge with the silver pen. Nobody will ever know thw difference. My original untouched 1984 bezel on the left, and the touched up 1985 bezel on the right.

But even better, we have some Bullnose bezel experts on here (Jon) and I believe he painted the silver edge on a bezel or two with good results.

Fantastic. Never would have thought of that.