Bullnose Forums

I messed up

Hi All,

I removed my air cleaner and did not pay attention to where the 3 vacuum lines went! Now I have one line that is "open" and not sure if the others are in the right place! If anyone has a photo or knows where they go, I'll be forever in your debt.

1985 F150 300-6 with 4 speed OD manual trans

Thanks!

Dan

dan102061@yahoo.com

Hello, Dan.

I do not have a photo, but can go from memory [i think]. The longer vacuum hose goes from a vacuum port which is located on the "vacuum tree" which screws into the intake manifold, near the carburetor. This line goes to the left side of the two vacuum nipples which point straight up from the metal disc [temperature sensor] located on the top of the air cleaner housing. The next longest vacuum hose connects the second [right side] nipple of the temperature sensor to the servo motor on the intake snorkel, which controls the internal flap. Midway of this is a plastic device [disc], so I believe that would account for your "3" hoses.

Look at the photos and you will see the top of the air cleaner assembly.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-ford-f-100-4/

Hello, Dan.

I do not have a photo, but can go from memory [i think]. The longer vacuum hose goes from a vacuum port which is located on the "vacuum tree" which screws into the intake manifold, near the carburetor. This line goes to the left side of the two vacuum nipples which point straight up from the metal disc [temperature sensor] located on the top of the air cleaner housing. The next longest vacuum hose connects the second [right side] nipple of the temperature sensor to the servo motor on the intake snorkel, which controls the internal flap. Midway of this is a plastic device [disc], so I believe that would account for your "3" hoses.

Look at the photos and you will see the top of the air cleaner assembly.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-ford-f-100-4/

THANK YOU!

I'll look at it tonight.

Thank you again. The air cleaner is now all set.

The line that is in my hand is the one that I'm stumped by. I have a screw in the end. But it must go somewhere???

Where is the hose coming from? (What is the other end attached to?). This thread is in a folder called resources... it is for reference links and such. You will probably get more traffic in the main section, if you would like it moved Gary or myself can do that...

Where is the hose coming from? (What is the other end attached to?). This thread is in a folder called resources... it is for reference links and such. You will probably get more traffic in the main section, if you would like it moved Gary or myself can do that...

Good catch, Jonathan. I moved it as Resources is the wrong place. In fact we may have to think about limiting who can post there.

Anyway, this thread is in the main section where it'll get more attention.

Good catch, Jonathan. I moved it as Resources is the wrong place. In fact we may have to think about limiting who can post there.

Anyway, this thread is in the main section where it'll get more attention.

If you can read the emission label on the panel in front of the radiator, the vacuum diagram will be there, or barring that if you can find the calibration number (usually on the valve cover), there are diagrams on this site, I just can't find them right now. I have them here, and sent them to Gary, just haven't figured out where they are hiding.

If you can read the emission label on the panel in front of the radiator, the vacuum diagram will be there, or barring that if you can find the calibration number (usually on the valve cover), there are diagrams on this site, I just can't find them right now. I have them here, and sent them to Gary, just haven't figured out where they are hiding.

Bill - Underhood/Vacuum Systems/Vacuum Diagrams. Not the most logical of places, but....

Thank you again. The air cleaner is now all set.

The line that is in my hand is the one that I'm stumped by. I have a screw in the end. But it must go somewhere???Vac Line

Look for an open vacuum port, somewhere. If it is open, you likely have a vacuum leak.

In case your sticker isn’t readable, here is one from a 4.9L with manual transmission and EEC-IV. Does this help?

7B76C40E-461A-4B9D-804D-1AD7496AE6F0.jpeg.ccc8cc89a9741a3d66fccb44b1eac059.jpeg

C5FDFBB8-5F77-4E80-A371-955D05AD9102.thumb.jpeg.b9128b376fdaecf0f3b3800ad330a2ee.jpeg