Bullnose Forums

Mustang Wristwatch

Cool watch and wonderful gift!

I have done a search and did not even find a photo to match yours. Regarding setting it, perhaps Vinny will see this. He has past experience as a watch maker and perhaps will be able to assist you. I bet he can! He is a member of this forum and was at the Truck Show in Skiatook, last year.

Cool watch and wonderful gift!

I have done a search and did not even find a photo to match yours. Regarding setting it, perhaps Vinny will see this. He has past experience as a watch maker and perhaps will be able to assist you. I bet he can! He is a member of this forum and was at the Truck Show in Skiatook, last year.

That is a cool watch!

Are those 4 dots around the case buttons? Meaning, can you push those to set different functions?

For a watchmaker, it is usually trial and error, nobody saved the instructions if they had them. Don't force anything.

wind-up ?

automatic wind ?

When you pull the Crown/Stem out, it might come out two positions, one for setting the time and 24 hour indicator, another notch for setting the day of the week/month, or the other way around.

Turning one direction for one setting, and the other direction for another setting.

Take a look at this video; example

For a watchmaker, it is usually trial and error, nobody saved the instructions if they had them. Don't force anything.

wind-up ?

automatic wind ?

When you pull the Crown/Stem out, it might come out two positions, one for setting the time and 24 hour indicator, another notch for setting the day of the week/month, or the other way around.

Turning one direction for one setting, and the other direction for another setting.

Take a look at this video; example

Vinny. it has a Japanese made electronic movement. The 4 buttons around it are just part of the case.

This morning I noticed it had stopped and was trying to move, second hand would twitch forward then drop back. Since we were on our way to Pocomoke City and Salisbury MD today I took it with me, and left it to be cleaned and checked. It will cost $72 but should be worth it. Best guess is 25 years old as it was probably purchased in 1994 during the Mustang's 30th anniversary.

The place I left it with mentioned probably being a two step pull on the stem, and it may well be that way. In any event they send it to a central facility with a clean room (familiar with those from USN reactor work) and it will be 6-8 weeks depending on their work load. Since we only go up there every 4 weeks, it will be 8 weeks.

Vinny. it has a Japanese made electronic movement. The 4 buttons around it are just part of the case.

This morning I noticed it had stopped and was trying to move, second hand would twitch forward then drop back. Since we were on our way to Pocomoke City and Salisbury MD today I took it with me, and left it to be cleaned and checked. It will cost $72 but should be worth it. Best guess is 25 years old as it was probably purchased in 1994 during the Mustang's 30th anniversary.

The place I left it with mentioned probably being a two step pull on the stem, and it may well be that way. In any event they send it to a central facility with a clean room (familiar with those from USN reactor work) and it will be 6-8 weeks depending on their work load. Since we only go up there every 4 weeks, it will be 8 weeks.

Yeah, dead battery as well. Some electronic watches have a self-wider/automatic mech. that generates a voltage, no battery required..

There is one of those watch facilities in Lancaster PA..... One of my watchmaking instructors went to work there after the watchmaking school closed down.

Cool watch...

Yeah, dead battery as well. Some electronic watches have a self-wider/automatic mech. that generates a voltage, no battery required..

There is one of those watch facilities in Lancaster PA..... One of my watchmaking instructors went to work there after the watchmaking school closed down.

Cool watch...

I had put a new battery in it, no visible corrosion from the old one, it was just dead. It is a cool watch, that's why I want to get it repaired.