Bullnose Forums

Nutmeg interior - upgrade

If you end up painting interior parts, go with SEM paints.

Get the cleaner and pre-treater and paint.

You Must follow the direction to be successful.

My interior was a combo of red and blue pieces....

Thanks for looking out for nutmeg pieces still. I think that armrest might be tan(?) but either way I have decent armrests currently - it’s the panels i can’t find ( would love to find some with wood and all power options!). I havent pulled any trigger on that project yet but seems like I might have to paint some nos panels when it happens.

- it’s the panels i can’t find ( would love to find some with wood and all power options!). I havent pulled any trigger on that project yet but seems like I might have to paint some nos panels when it happens.

You would have to paint these, but they do have woodgrain and power options.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-86-Ford-Pickup-Truck-Door-Panels-Set-Tan-Electric-F150-250-Bronco-Woodgrain/123833692207?hash=item1cd510302f:g:3FcAAOSwDSRdKPH-

- it’s the panels i can’t find ( would love to find some with wood and all power options!). I havent pulled any trigger on that project yet but seems like I might have to paint some nos panels when it happens.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-86-Ford-Pickup-Truck-Door-Panels-Set-Tan-Electric-F150-250-Bronco-Woodgrain/123833692207?hash=item1cd510302f:g:3FcAAOSwDSRdKPH-

Hit the jackpot yesterday, found 2 nutmeg interior trucks at the junkyard!! Unfortunately the a pillar pieces I found have a third screw hole 😭and don’t quite match up. The scrubbed up kick panels cleaned up well tho. And even made off with a pretty mint dash pad!

Hit the jackpot yesterday, found 2 nutmeg interior trucks at the junkyard!! Unfortunately the a pillar pieces I found have a third screw hole 😭and don’t quite match up. The scrubbed up kick panels cleaned up well tho. And even made off with a pretty mint dash pad!

Congrat's! Two in one go is quite unusual. :nabble_smiley_good:

Congrat's! Two in one go is quite unusual. :nabble_smiley_good:

Nutmeg is my second favorite color interior on these trucks, and you really lucked out finding it in a junkyard. Black , Green, and Nutmeg seem to be really hard colors to find in the junkyard these days.

Nutmeg is my second favorite color interior on these trucks, and you really lucked out finding it in a junkyard. Black , Green, and Nutmeg seem to be really hard colors to find in the junkyard these days.

I actually saw a black interior today at the same yard. I’ve been thinking I need to start pulling these pieces to share/ sell. This stuff seems to go for crazy high prices online.

With the interior trim pieces, ideally you would want to find OEM Ford ones that are in better shape than yours, and in the same color.

These are plastic pieces that were molded in color. When you get the same color, repainting is much cheaper and easier and any scratches you get later will still show the same color underneath.

Of course, that is the *ideal* situation. These trucks are getting so old now that it is getting more and more difficult to find door panels in good shape. And don't forget that Broncos also used the same interior and colors, and more of them had the nicer trim levels. I have found that parts from a Bronco are typically in much better shape than those from a pickup truck.

With the interior trim pieces, ideally you would want to find OEM Ford ones that are in better shape than yours, and in the same color.

These are plastic pieces that were molded in color. When you get the same color, repainting is much cheaper and easier and any scratches you get later will still show the same color underneath.

Of course, that is the *ideal* situation. These trucks are getting so old now that it is getting more and more difficult to find door panels in good shape. And don't forget that Broncos also used the same interior and colors, and more of them had the nicer trim levels. I have found that parts from a Bronco are typically in much better shape than those from a pickup truck.

Seatbelt covers [Nutmeg?]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Pickup-Seatbelt-Cover-Trim-Upper-Interior-Brown-1980-86-F150-250-350-Truck/123875058955?fits=Year%3A1980%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item1cd787650b:g:UQMAAOSwl-NdVJg9

two of the trucks at my local JY actually had those in good condition. Unfortunately my truck has the more elaborate back paneling and it too is faded near the door/arm rest area. Not a terrible price, but maybe I should go pull those to sell for 60 bucks, too?! I'm in the wrong business.

• 4 weeks later...

two of the trucks at my local JY actually had those in good condition. Unfortunately my truck has the more elaborate back paneling and it too is faded near the door/arm rest area. Not a terrible price, but maybe I should go pull those to sell for 60 bucks, too?! I'm in the wrong business.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/arm-rest-door-rh-nutmeg/131916?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3DF-24100-3%26top_parent%3D60000%26year%3D1980&year=1980

According to the NPD catalog given out at this past weekend's Garagemahal Truck Show [page #10], this is an original [not reproduction] and is for the passenger side.