Bullnose Forums

Nutmeg interior - upgrade

Interior colors are here: Specifications/Interior Paint. And on the Ford's Color Names tab you'll see this. Note that E1TZ 1004104 is a visor and "A3T" is Nutmeg.

1981-visor-colors_orig.thumb.jpg.a959fe0efcb84d2478bfa61557ef8b0e.jpg

That's a good question. Do we have a picture of what original "nutmeg" colored panels look like?

199D3821-1071-4C56-AECD-21648E050281.thumb.jpeg.23e313340b3e5cab7e53b79f03c48102.jpeg

My ‘81 was originally nutmeg. There wasn’t much left, and I didn’t much care for the color so I changed it. Sorry, no parts... they were too rough to keep.

My ‘81 was originally nutmeg. There wasn’t much left, and I didn’t much care for the color so I changed it. Sorry, no parts... they were too rough to keep.

Ahhh, Ok, now I see what color you guys are talking about.

F7C7CF2E-D981-4AEF-8D66-53A31188AFFE.thumb.png.1bb25da13f8dc92635fd76614a1fc4d0.png Here is an interior picture from my truck right after I bought it. The color can be tricky, sometimes it looks like Brown and other times it almost looks more orange.

Here is an interior picture from my truck right after I bought it. The color can be tricky, sometimes it looks like Brown and other times it almost looks more orange.

While all the pieces were supposedly "Nutmeg", even originally they didn't exactly match. And, over time each type of plastic has changed even more, whether from the sun or the type of material of which they are made.

Notice the softer vinyl of the seat is different than the harder vinyl of the dash. And the hard plastic of the dash is yet another color.

While all the pieces were supposedly "Nutmeg", even originally they didn't exactly match. And, over time each type of plastic has changed even more, whether from the sun or the type of material of which they are made.

Notice the softer vinyl of the seat is different than the harder vinyl of the dash. And the hard plastic of the dash is yet another color.

thats just a seat cover. Pretty good match considering :nabble_smiley_wink:

The door panels and one of the quarter panels are really the only thing that looks really bad, although my dash pad has physical damage. It is odd how things discolored differently. I took the cover off to see what was under, its the original higher end trimmed seat but its seen better days - no surprise considering someone decided to cover it. I'll get that replaced eventually with something with a bit more pizazz.