Bullnose Forum

OBD 1 Codes

Vinny , show me some pics or a link that describes what I am looking at on the EGR system. I am not very familiar with them.ThanksOh yeah, all of these codes were pulled with a jumper wire. IOW they are all KOEO.
Vinny scanned this stuff in. I'm gonna put it up on the website in a bit, but for now here 'tis. Thanks, Vinny!

Vinny , show me some pics or a link that describes what I am looking at on the EGR system. I am not very familiar with them.

Thanks

Oh yeah, all of these codes were pulled with a jumper wire. IOW they are all KOEO.

Ok.

" IOW they are all KOEO."

Mmmm, 36 is a KOER code........

Codes 33 & 34 are Continuous Memory codes, which indicates an intermittent issue. I'd say if you fix the Code 32, the 33 & 34 will go away....

s-l640.jpg.89d95f311008c2be3996ce167e25a8e4.jpg

If you take out the 3 screws holding this Grey EVP sensor, you can look inside the EGR, you will see the shaft that the EVP sensor rod rides against. Tap on that and see if it moves any.

Check the action on that EVP shaft, see if it goes up and down easily.

You can also electrically check the sensor.

It's probably due for a new EGR-Valve.

The other item I would check is the Idle Air Bypass Valve on the Throttle Body. Unplug it, note any change in idle (if it will idle). I would remove it and clean it and the bypass slots in the throttle body, and replace with new gasket.

Is there any way to delete the EGR system in a manner where it wont effect the Speed Density EFI negatively?

No. Among other things the ignition timing tables assume EGR so gives a lot of advance when it is supposed to be on as the inert gas significantly slows the burn rate. If you block it off and there's no inert gas in the cylinder the air/fuel mix will burn much faster than the computer expects and you'll have pinging if not detonation.

Guys - I've started a new page: Electrical/Electronic Engine Control (EEC). My intent is to use it to bring together several bits and pieces that we already have.

But, for this conversation if now has the error code info on it from Vinny. See what you think, please.

It's a 1991 Bricknose with the 5.8 and E4OD Steve.
Then you might have gotten the right codes, but you should still read that caption & re-read them a few times until you're sure.
Is there any way to delete the EGR system in a manner where it wont effect the Speed Density EFI negatively?
No. Ford didn't put any extra systems on the engine - they all help it run better.

Guys - I've started a new page: Electrical/Electronic Engine Control (EEC). My intent is to use it to bring together several bits and pieces that we already have.

But, for this conversation if now has the error code info on it from Vinny. See what you think, please.

Gary, I tagged you in a facebook post of a video with the code flashes in it. I cant tell if the first faint flash is a 1 or 2 or if that is even a part of it.