Bullnose Forums

Door seal

Would one of you guys be kind enough to show me the exact location to install the outer door seals? I don't know what else to call them?...I believe they stick just inside the edge of the door running up the A-pillars? A pair of these seals came with my full cab kit, and if my truck originally had these seals they were long gone when I bought it, so I don't know where they go or how they install. They have kind of a triangular cross section and are a couple feet long, maybe a little more.

This one?

IMG_8562_(Medium).thumb.jpg.beb834070142a61e8e88cbb76cf7fe03.jpg

IMG_8564_(Medium).thumb.jpg.d05833449ef29c30e37dde1aa2803a45.jpg

IMG_8565_(Medium).thumb.jpg.f60bdc128193659037874927e43d4a3d.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did your truck have this seal previously? Is that how you knew the orientation and where to install it on the door?

If you get an original-style formed seal, it's easy to tell where it goes by how it's formed. But if you get an aftermarket continuous-cross-section seal, you'd have to choose the location you want. I don't think it's that critical, though.

If you get an original-style formed seal, it's easy to tell where it goes by how it's formed. But if you get an aftermarket continuous-cross-section seal, you'd have to choose the location you want. I don't think it's that critical, though.

My seal is the same as the one pictured above. Is that the original style or the aftermarket style?

My seal is the same as the one pictured above. Is that the original style or the aftermarket style?

If the top end is the same profile as the bottom, it's aftermarket. Originals change shape where they're bent, and you can see the seam where the sections are glued together.

• 3 months later...

If the top end is the same profile as the bottom, it's aftermarket. Originals change shape where they're bent, and you can see the seam where the sections are glued together.

I began installing the window run felt the other day. Started by lining up the corner with no felt into the point where the vent window touches the top of the door.

Looks like there is a few inches hanging down below the bottom of the vent window channel. Normal?

Also the lip of the felt doesn't fully seat against the edges of the channel like I'd expect.

Will add a photo shortly.

It is the Fairchild 80-86 set but the extra length has made me wonder if I was sent the next gen.

I began installing the window run felt the other day. Started by lining up the corner with no felt into the point where the vent window touches the top of the door.

Looks like there is a few inches hanging down below the bottom of the vent window channel. Normal?

Also the lip of the felt doesn't fully seat against the edges of the channel like I'd expect.

Will add a photo shortly.

It is the Fairchild 80-86 set but the extra length has made me wonder if I was sent the next gen.

I remember having extra hanging down when I installed mine.