Bullnose Forums

Door seal

I have removed and reinstalled doors on a Bullnose without removing the fender. So this is not true at all.
Yes, the doors can be R&I'ed without removing the fenders. But that's not what I said. Adjustment requires accessing the hinge-to-cowl bolts WHILE the door is attached & closed, which can't be done with the fender on. If you adjusted them properly, those gaskets would work. They're not a different size or shape from the factory gaskets.

I have removed and reinstalled doors on a Bullnose without removing the fender. So this is not true at all.
Yes, the doors can be R&I'ed without removing the fenders. But that's not what I said. Adjustment requires accessing the hinge-to-cowl bolts WHILE the door is attached & closed, which can't be done with the fender on. If you adjusted them properly, those gaskets would work. They're not a different size or shape from the factory gaskets.

I adjusted the door as well, fender on.

You can't have it both ways.
Neither can you. If the doors still don't close right, you didn't adjust them. If you pull the fenders, you CAN adjust them such that they close right. Saying that you adjusted them, but not so that they close, is disingenuous. Look back at the purpose of this thread, and the OP's question. Your statements are counterproductive & misleading.

Would one of you guys be kind enough to show me the exact location to install the outer door seals? I don't know what else to call them?...I believe they stick just inside the edge of the door running up the A-pillars? A pair of these seals came with my full cab kit, and if my truck originally had these seals they were long gone when I bought it, so I don't know where they go or how they install. They have kind of a triangular cross section and are a couple feet long, maybe a little more.

Would one of you guys be kind enough to show me the exact location to install the outer door seals? I don't know what else to call them?...I believe they stick just inside the edge of the door running up the A-pillars? A pair of these seals came with my full cab kit, and if my truck originally had these seals they were long gone when I bought it, so I don't know where they go or how they install. They have kind of a triangular cross section and are a couple feet long, maybe a little more.

#2 on the diagram in this link?