Bullnose Forums

Spare tire lock [E2TZ-1386-A] - NOS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one of these.

I don't think I'll use it.

Why did I buy it? Because it looks cool and it was $24.

Maybe a bonus if I ever sell the truck...

I didn't realize the guy had more than one, but he keeps re-listing them at the same price. I might snag one for my '95...

I didn't realize the guy had more than one, but he keeps re-listing them at the same price. I might snag one for my '95...

As Ruby Rod (Chris Tucker) says at the end of The Fifth Element, "Why I got to get the broke one?" I opened the bag, and 3 little parts fell out. :nabble_smiley_sad:

As Ruby Rod (Chris Tucker) says at the end of The Fifth Element, "Why I got to get the broke one?" I opened the bag, and 3 little parts fell out. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Bummer! Hope they'll send you another one. But, the thing didn't seem very fragile, so it is hard to imagine how someone broke it.

Bummer! Hope they'll send you another one. But, the thing didn't seem very fragile, so it is hard to imagine how someone broke it.

Got mine today. Opened the box and looked at it, but left it in the bag. Better look closer tomorrow.

It appears to be a mfrg. defect - the plate that's staked into the hinge side of the cast lock body fell out, followed by the little spring that pushes between the plate & the catch. The hardest thing to unnerstan is that the catch then worked its way out somehow, over the pin at the end of the lock cylinder. But I can't get the catch back in, over that pin. And even if I could, I don't know how I'd stake the plate back down. I can see at least 2 stake marks on the edge of the lock body, but it seems like I'd have to remove the 2 massive countersunk rivets that hold the lock body to the black cover, and I'm not going to do that for $24.

I haven't heard from the seller yet.

It appears to be a mfrg. defect - the plate that's staked into the hinge side of the cast lock body fell out, followed by the little spring that pushes between the plate & the catch. The hardest thing to unnerstan is that the catch then worked its way out somehow, over the pin at the end of the lock cylinder. But I can't get the catch back in, over that pin. And even if I could, I don't know how I'd stake the plate back down. I can see at least 2 stake marks on the edge of the lock body, but it seems like I'd have to remove the 2 massive countersunk rivets that hold the lock body to the black cover, and I'm not going to do that for $24.

I haven't heard from the seller yet.

He just shipped the replacement...