Bullnose Forums

Spare tire lock [E2TZ-1386-A] - NOS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl - I've never seen one of those. It's only shown in the "rear tank delete" section of this diagram:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/895335/thumbnail/spareunderbed.jpg

And <$40 is a very tempting price, even though I don't need it. Interesting that it uses a door key.

I haven't seen one either, Steve. You commented first, so I'll wait to see if you buy it.

I haven't seen one either, Steve. You commented first, so I'll wait to see if you buy it.

It's an auction - fair game for anyone at any time. :nabble_smiley_good: If I really wanted it, I'd have bought it when I looked at it. Like I said: I don't really need it anyway.

I want to see how it's INSTALLED...:nabble_smiley_thinking:

It looks like it closes like a clam shell over the end of the eye bolt. That pointy post goes through the eye hole, and the little curved part fits over the bolt. The whole thing would be hanging below the RH frame rail, on the cross bar that holds the tire up. I assume...

bolt.jpg.cedc4e5de212278611c1840313921e3c.jpg

I've never seen one before either.

Nice catch. Did you buy it Gary?

I want to see how it's INSTALLED...:nabble_smiley_thinking:

It looks like it closes like a clam shell over the end of the eye bolt. That pointy post goes through the eye hole, and the little curved part fits over the bolt. The whole thing would be hanging below the RH frame rail, on the cross bar that holds the tire up. I assume...

I've never seen one before either.

Nice catch. Did you buy it Gary?

Yes, I did buy it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for how it is to be installed, I think Cory is right. There are several illustrations in the catalog of it, but here's the best one I can find. I'll see if I can't show it on that bolt later today.

Spare_Tire_Lock_Illustration.thumb.jpg.b6414179ffdd90f7666d0642b7e137d8.jpg

Yes, I did buy it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for how it is to be installed, I think Cory is right. There are several illustrations in the catalog of it, but here's the best one I can find. I'll see if I can't show it on that bolt later today.

Or maybe it's that post that goes through the eye of the bolt...

Spare_Tire_Lock_Bottom_Side.jpg.c5157a4c8cc41d1529ec59c9175f287d.jpg