Bullnose Forums

Revised Driveshaft Page(s)

Go up a page or two and notes 63 and 64 are there.

Glad you like the new approach.

One thing I did notice, I can actually find the original front and rear halves PNs and the updated front PN (after E4OD install). You can probably do the same and actually find a Ford PN for what you will be using in Dad's truck with the E4OD and transfer case since the front one needs to be longer and the rear one shorter by about 3" if I remember my measurements on the E4OD vs C6.

One thing I did notice, I can actually find the original front and rear halves PNs and the updated front PN (after E4OD install). You can probably do the same and actually find a Ford PN for what you will be using in Dad's truck with the E4OD and transfer case since the front one needs to be longer and the rear one shorter by about 3" if I remember my measurements on the E4OD vs C6.

Grumpin - I'll keep my eyes open for where I saw, or think I saw, that the 460's didn't get a 208.

Bill - I found what I think are the right driveshafts in the application listing:

• Front: E9TZ 4A376-B

• Rear: E9TZ 4602-E

But, oddly enough, I can't find those in the crossreference where the lengths are shown. Its as if the application page is a later edition than the crossref. :nabble_anim_confused:

And, I pulled the driveshafts out that came on Huck. Unfortunately the rear shaft uses a slip yoke and I had the BW1356 set up with a yoke for a u-joint, which is what Dad's NP208 has.

So, do I have the NP208 rebuilt, including having the small crack welded up, convert the 1356 to slip yoke, or find another driveshaft that is the right length?

Grumpin - I'll keep my eyes open for where I saw, or think I saw, that the 460's didn't get a 208.

Bill - I found what I think are the right driveshafts in the application listing:

• Front: E9TZ 4A376-B

• Rear: E9TZ 4602-E

But, oddly enough, I can't find those in the crossreference where the lengths are shown. Its as if the application page is a later edition than the crossref. :nabble_anim_confused:

And, I pulled the driveshafts out that came on Huck. Unfortunately the rear shaft uses a slip yoke and I had the BW1356 set up with a yoke for a u-joint, which is what Dad's NP208 has.

So, do I have the NP208 rebuilt, including having the small crack welded up, convert the 1356 to slip yoke, or find another driveshaft that is the right length?

Thanks!

I think find another driveshaft that fits or have a driveshaft sized for your 1356.

Edit: Add 1356.

Thanks!

I think find another driveshaft that fits or have a driveshaft sized for your 1356.

Edit: Add 1356.

All - I've revised the Driveline/Driveshaft section by eliminating 11 of the pages that were nested under Driveshaft and moving Rear Axle Vents to Driveline/Axles & Differentials where it should have been all along. (Don't worry, I've created 301 re-directs for those 11 such that any links that are out there, including on any search engine, will still be valid but will take you to the Driveshaft page.)

I think that has significantly simplified that area as well as provided more information. Thanks for your help.

Grumpin - Ok, thanks. But let's take the driveshaft/t-case discussion over to Dad's Truck Build.