Bullnose Forum

Coil/Shock Towers (SOLD!)

Yes, but not in the traditional way. Not sure if you've seen, but I picked up a D60 straight axle a couple of weeks ago so all of the IFS stuff had to go.

I missed that. Ok, I’ll watch and see how you do quads on a D60. In fact, I’ll watch to see how easy a D60 is. 😎

I missed that. Ok, I’ll watch and see how you do quads on a D60. In fact, I’ll watch to see how easy a D60 is. 😎

It's definitely not. This is definitely not a bolt on swap like the F100 and F150 are with the D44 TTB. The 4x2 F250 and F350 frames are basically identical to the F100 and F150 when it comes to the frame, so nothing interchanges with the 4x4 trucks. Everything I do is going to have to be custom, but I plan to utilize most of what is sold here for our trucks.

Of course, Big Blue is a different story since he's already 4x4. All you have to do with him is swap in the axle under the leaf packs and work out the panhard bar. Maybe some steering differences too like the pitman arm. Also brakes if you use a ball joint axle like I am.

It's definitely not. This is definitely not a bolt on swap like the F100 and F150 are with the D44 TTB. The 4x2 F250 and F350 frames are basically identical to the F100 and F150 when it comes to the frame, so nothing interchanges with the 4x4 trucks. Everything I do is going to have to be custom, but I plan to utilize most of what is sold here for our trucks.

Of course, Big Blue is a different story since he's already 4x4. All you have to do with him is swap in the axle under the leaf packs and work out the panhard bar. Maybe some steering differences too like the pitman arm. Also brakes if you use a ball joint axle like I am.

I followed that link and quickly realized that I have way too many other things to do to consider a D60 swap. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I'm gonna have to invest in a welder because it's quickly becoming a necessity.

I'm sure others will have differing opinions, but my 110v Century works well. Came with a cart, which was an additional cost on the others. But, if you don't have a shop in which to roll it, then that might be a hindrance.

I'm sure others will have differing opinions, but my 110v Century works well. Came with a cart, which was an additional cost on the others. But, if you don't have a shop in which to roll it, then that might be a hindrance.

Think it could handle frame welds? Is the Century what you used on the steering box repair?

Think it could handle frame welds? Is the Century what you used on the steering box repair?

Yep. But it is takes a 20a 110v circuit. Not your normal 15a. In fact, it plugs into a 20a outlet, one of those with a prong turned sideways.

I think they said it would work on the low setting on a 15a circuit, but that's remembrance from a long time ago.

Anyway, I've built my shop crane, my engine stand, and many other tools as well as repaired the frame, welded on exhaust systems, etc.

Now, if I were buying again I'd go a bit larger, but this one has worked well for probably 20 years.