Bullnose Forums

Air injection pipe [E5TZ-9B449-C] - NOS

Not being a V8 guy, I didn't know if these are being sought or are difficult to find, used or new?

The parts that people are trying to sell on Ebay are just strange. Like only 1 out of 400,000 people would even need the part, let alone pay big bucks for it. I get that these trucks are getting harder to find in junkyards, but as I've always said, these trucks aren't 1969 Charger Daytonas and never will be. I would much rather move my inventory for a median profit rather than try and maximize my profits for one part and have the parts sit on the shelf for lord knows how long until someone desperate comes along and is willing to pay my price. But hey, whatever floats their boats.

The parts that people are trying to sell on Ebay are just strange. Like only 1 out of 400,000 people would even need the part, let alone pay big bucks for it. I get that these trucks are getting harder to find in junkyards, but as I've always said, these trucks aren't 1969 Charger Daytonas and never will be. I would much rather move my inventory for a median profit rather than try and maximize my profits for one part and have the parts sit on the shelf for lord knows how long until someone desperate comes along and is willing to pay my price. But hey, whatever floats their boats.

You just never know with these parts. I had my old D8 low compression SBF heads for sale locally for $40 bucks for 6 months or more, and not a single bite...not even a nibble. Finally, I unlisted them, wrapped them up and put them in the warehouse at work. A month later, a guy posted an want-ad online looking for a set. I told him $60 bucks and he drove straight over and picked them up.

Emissions equipment is a whole other can of worms. So many people (myself included) have removed all of that stuff, I'm sure the used (and free) market for that stuff is flooded...compared to how many people are looking for it.

You just never know with these parts. I had my old D8 low compression SBF heads for sale locally for $40 bucks for 6 months or more, and not a single bite...not even a nibble. Finally, I unlisted them, wrapped them up and put them in the warehouse at work. A month later, a guy posted an want-ad online looking for a set. I told him $60 bucks and he drove straight over and picked them up.

Emissions equipment is a whole other can of worms. So many people (myself included) have removed all of that stuff, I'm sure the used (and free) market for that stuff is flooded...compared to how many people are looking for it.

Yep. I kept most of the emissions stuff I took off of an '82, just in case. But there seems to be very little call for that stuff.