Bullnose Forums

New 84 Bullnose'r in PA

MarktheV

Hey all,

New member here out of the eastern PA area with an 84 F150 2wd /302. Picked it up in darn-clean condition with 55,000 mi and clean interior and very minimal rust for a mid-atlantic truck. Goal is to keep her as a daily driver and clean up a bit as we go.

Been a long time since having an older vehicle to tinker with. Previous to this was a '62 Falcon Squire wagon when I lived in CA. Mostly have been a motorcycle and mountain bike guy.

Looking forward to working on the truck and doing a bit of engine work that isn't governed by California emissions :D

Maybe there is a different forum section for parts, but I am really wanting to replace the cracked & rotted dash with a proper replacement unit. Any insight on the best resources for OE-replecement items is much appreciated!

Thanks for the welcome!

MarkBlue84.thumb.jpg.8c63fd00cdfcbad99801b4850f3bbf5c.jpg

Mark - Welcome! Good to meet you. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That is a nice looking truck, for sure. And waiting to buy until you find one in the that condition is the way to go.

As for the dash, you will find there are dash "covers" and dash "pads". The latter replaces what you say is rotted on yours, and will run around $400+. The covers typically come from Coverlay, regardless of where you get them, and run about $100+. They fit pretty well and are adequate for most people.

And where in eastern PA are you? We used to live in the Kennett Square area, but that may be south of you. Anyway, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can add you to it if you'd like.

That is a nice looking truck, for sure. And waiting to buy until you find one in the that condition is the way to go.

As for the dash, you will find there are dash "covers" and dash "pads". The latter replaces what you say is rotted on yours, and will run around $400+. The covers typically come from Coverlay, regardless of where you get them, and run about $100+. They fit pretty well and are adequate for most people.

And where in eastern PA are you? We used to live in the Kennett Square area, but that may be south of you. Anyway, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can add you to it if you'd like.

Welcome, Mark! :nabble_smiley_happy:

Thanks for the info, Gary! I’m just north of Philadelphia near Newtown for location.

Yep- on the hunt for a dash pad. In addition to places like LMC I found some on BroncoGraveyard and USA1

Here the links should they help others:

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/Dash-Pad-Black-80-86/productinfo/37100/

This resource even has color options!

https://www.usa1interiors.com/1980-86-ford-truck-vinyl-dash-pad.html

Mark

Thanks for the info, Gary! I’m just north of Philadelphia near Newtown for location.

Yep- on the hunt for a dash pad. In addition to places like LMC I found some on BroncoGraveyard and USA1

Here the links should they help others:

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/Dash-Pad-Black-80-86/productinfo/37100/

This resource even has color options!

https://www.usa1interiors.com/1980-86-ford-truck-vinyl-dash-pad.html

Mark

Mark - Do you want me to add you to the map? In Newtown?

As for the dash pad, a few years ago I did a lot of research on them, and back then Just Dashes was essentially the only manufacturer for them, and they were sold through several outlets - at different prices and in different colors. But, buying directly from them was more expensive than buying from a third party. :nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, some of the info is in this thread on FTE.

Mark - Do you want me to add you to the map? In Newtown?

As for the dash pad, a few years ago I did a lot of research on them, and back then Just Dashes was essentially the only manufacturer for them, and they were sold through several outlets - at different prices and in different colors. But, buying directly from them was more expensive than buying from a third party. :nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, some of the info is in this thread on FTE.

Hi Gary,

That’d be great to add me to the map- thank you.

I’ll be on the lookout for the dash and other parts. Lord knows it won’t be a short or simple list of add-on and updates over the coming years!

Mark

> On Mar 20, 2019, at 1:46 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] wrote:

>

> Mark - Do you want me to add you to the map? In Newtown?

>

> As for the dash pad, a few years ago I did a lot of research on them, and back then Just Dashes was essentially the only manufacturer for them, and they were sold through several outlets - at different prices and in different colors. But, buying directly from them was more expensive than buying from a third party.

>

> Anyway, some of the info is in this thread on FTE.

> Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

> Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

> Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

>

>

Hi Gary,

That’d be great to add me to the map- thank you.

I’ll be on the lookout for the dash and other parts. Lord knows it won’t be a short or simple list of add-on and updates over the coming years!

Mark

> On Mar 20, 2019, at 1:46 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] wrote:

>

> Mark - Do you want me to add you to the map? In Newtown?

>

> As for the dash pad, a few years ago I did a lot of research on them, and back then Just Dashes was essentially the only manufacturer for them, and they were sold through several outlets - at different prices and in different colors. But, buying directly from them was more expensive than buying from a third party.

>

> Anyway, some of the info is in this thread on FTE.

> Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

> Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

> Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

>

>

Mark - You are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_wink: