Bullnose Forums

AZ 460 F250 4x4 in Yucca

That is a nice truck for the money Jon. Paint looks pretty decent too huh? Do the lighter colors stand-up better in the scorching sun (this one doesn't have the typical paint burned off the hood and roof, etc). Or maybe it was parked under a canopy.

No AC though...will that make it a tough sell in your area?

Man, I dislike driving without AC here...can't imagine it in the SW...

That is a nice truck for the money Jon. Paint looks pretty decent too huh? Do the lighter colors stand-up better in the scorching sun (this one doesn't have the typical paint burned off the hood and roof, etc). Or maybe it was parked under a canopy.

I don't know, guys. There's a crack in the bed top on the passenger's side about where a tool box would have mounted. But, otherwise it looks pretty good. However, no pics under the hood?

As for the sun, note that the stick-on trim looks good on the driver's side and is in bad shape on the passenger's side. Has this been under a canopy pointed east?

And, what is the little "chrome doohicky" on the bed side towards the rear? A light?

Last, did it have the bumperettes and they've been removed? Note the marks on the bumper.

Yeah, I noticed the lack of AC vents too... and I know all about that since I never got the AC working in my ‘81 last summer... I was glad the truck is white and not black 😓

I’m guessing this truck has been shaded, as the paint is in really good shape. The white and tan seem to hold up pretty well. Maybe it’s because they are non-metallic? 🤷‍♂️ Silver, although light, does not seem to last.

I don't know, guys. There's a crack in the bed top on the passenger's side about where a tool box would have mounted. But, otherwise it looks pretty good. However, no pics under the hood?

As for the sun, note that the stick-on trim looks good on the driver's side and is in bad shape on the passenger's side. Has this been under a canopy pointed east?

And, what is the little "chrome doohicky" on the bed side towards the rear? A light?

Last, did it have the bumperettes and they've been removed? Note the marks on the bumper.

Good eye on the bed crack Gary, and the bumper damage. I know quite a few people seem to not like them for some reason or another. I think the bumpers with the rubber inserts look weird without them. I’m going to say the chrome thingy is a base to a whip antenna.

Good eye on the bed crack Gary, and the bumper damage. I know quite a few people seem to not like them for some reason or another. I think the bumpers with the rubber inserts look weird without them. I’m going to say the chrome thingy is a base to a whip antenna.

Those are Happijac tiedowns for a camper. They have the removable piece that the turnbuckle hooks to.

You can see the front tiedowns by the trim line.

Those are Happijac tiedowns for a camper. They have the removable piece that the turnbuckle hooks to.

You can see the front tiedowns by the trim line.

Thanks, grumpin.

Gary, this is another 1986 with the illusive side molding.

Yes, I intended to mention that. Another case of Ford not throwing anything away? Maybe they ordered several thousands of those trim sets and when they didn't sell put them on the spec trucks they built to put on the lots?

Gary, this is another 1986 with the illusive side molding.

And this is another case of it not holding up very well in the UV belt. One side survived okay, the other side not so much. This is actually pretty good condition trim for a AZ truck

:nabble_smiley_sad: