Bullnose Forums

My '82 Flareside

PetesPonies

But, won’t the connector in the harness be the smaller one? Meaning not the one that fits the tach circuit?

My connector is the larger one, because I have the gauges, not idiot lights. It makes sense, after looking, that the green/yellow tach wire connects to nothing in the gauge panel. So I can connect to it and to the tach. I need a ground and hot wire, in run, to make the tach work. If I can get both of those from the cluster wiring, it will make it very simple to disconnect the cluster in the future. I appreciate the offer on the tach circuit . . but how does it connect to the other circuit? Or do you mean you have the entire printed circuit for the cluster, with tach? I can make the simple wiring additions myself, just need to find the other two circuits to use.

My connector is the larger one, because I have the gauges, not idiot lights. It makes sense, after looking, that the green/yellow tach wire connects to nothing in the gauge panel. So I can connect to it and to the tach. I need a ground and hot wire, in run, to make the tach work. If I can get both of those from the cluster wiring, it will make it very simple to disconnect the cluster in the future. I appreciate the offer on the tach circuit . . but how does it connect to the other circuit? Or do you mean you have the entire printed circuit for the cluster, with tach? I can make the simple wiring additions myself, just need to find the other two circuits to use.

Well this just made it easy. This is from my 1983 Ford light truck set.

scan0020.thumb.jpg.e66449f5b57e2e1ddc3938d90b05d9ed.jpg

You can get everything you need from the connector:

Added a tach and recolored the gauge needles. Also . . . .I can wire the tach, no problem. But saw mention of the stock wires being available, so I looked. I did not see a green/yellow loose wire near the DS box??

Those gauge needles look great.

I've previously used Testors Model Master, but fine control and coverage with a little brush is always a challenge.

Have you used the Painters brand markers before? If so do the treatment hold up well, and is application as easy as it looks?

Is that the Painters "Neon Brights" package orange or pink?

Those gauge needles look great.

I've previously used Testors Model Master, but fine control and coverage with a little brush is always a challenge.

Have you used the Painters brand markers before? If so do the treatment hold up well, and is application as easy as it looks?

Is that the Painters "Neon Brights" package orange or pink?

I actually like the red on the gauges for these trucks, but the NOS gauges I have as well as most of the documentation I’ve seen says they were originally orange. I’ve shown several of my NOS gauges as well as three different paints here: Interior/Painting Gauge Needles.