Bullnose Forums

My '82 Flareside

PetesPonies

If your system is like all I’ve seen, there is no line from the back of that little distribution block or manifold into the cab. As Chris said, it should be the line you have capped off. That system is shown here in a picture that you can click on to make bigger: Underhood/Vacuum Systems.

What usually happens is the little line gets brittle and breaks where it goes into the cab. So you’ll have to get creative to fix it. How much of yours is left sticking out?

Well I saw no place that it entered into the cab. So I kept looking. There is a small vacuum line going into the HVAC cover in the engine compartment. I removed the line and was able to see that there was another stub next to it. So I guess this is where it enters. Definitely not a good design, IMO. But I will run the line there and see what happens. Thanks

Well I saw no place that it entered into the cab. So I kept looking. There is a small vacuum line going into the HVAC cover in the engine compartment. I removed the line and was able to see that there was another stub next to it. So I guess this is where it enters. Definitely not a good design, IMO. But I will run the line there and see what happens. Thanks

That is all it took. Hooked up that line to the small stub I found peeking out of the HVAC cover and everything works, as far as direction of the air. Thanks.

Added a tach and recolored the gauge needles. Also . . . .I can wire the tach, no problem. But saw mention of the stock wires being available, so I looked. I did not see a green/yellow loose wire near the DS box??

Pete - The gauges look great! 👍

On the wiring, it should be plug and play as the wiring should be in the harness. The only issue might be if your harness was from a six cylinder as the 8's have angeound wire that tells the tach to count differently.

Pete - The gauges look great! 👍

On the wiring, it should be plug and play as the wiring should be in the harness. The only issue might be if your harness was from a six cylinder as the 8's have angeound wire that tells the tach to count differently.

Added the tach to the cluster. So I don't have the printed circuit for the tach. But, I now see the green/yellow wire is in the cluster plug. I will just cut it loose and run to the tach. Thanks

Added the tach to the cluster. So I don't have the printed circuit for the tach. But, I now see the green/yellow wire is in the cluster plug. I will just cut it loose and run to the tach. Thanks

I don’t remember what engine you have, but if you have an 8 cylinder the tach is going to show the wrong RPM. That’s because there’s a terminal on the tach, called GND-8 on some of the tachs, that needs to be grounded to tell the tach to expect 8 pulses/rev. Otherwise it counts 6/rev.

You can read about it here: Electrical/Tachs (http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/tachometers.html)

I don’t remember what engine you have, but if you have an 8 cylinder the tach is going to show the wrong RPM. That’s because there’s a terminal on the tach, called GND-8 on some of the tachs, that needs to be grounded to tell the tach to expect 8 pulses/rev. Otherwise it counts 6/rev.

You can read about it here: Electrical/Tachs (http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/tachometers.html)

Its an I6. Wiring the tach is no problem. I was just trying to use factory wires before I run new ones.