Bullnose Forums

My '82 Flareside

PetesPonies

Thanks Gary! I'm pretty sure the hinge we've got is like that (see attached pic). Thanks for offering the spring - we'll see how we go when we arrive next year because I'll definitely have a list of things that I need to source/find when we're there. I can't take a pic of the driver's side one but it looks like it's got a tube running down the middle of the hinge and no spring either.

Oz, you are supposed to have that spring or you wouldn't have the serrated knob. But, it isn't unusual for the springs to break from working and fall out.

I'll put these hinges in a box with your name on it and we can figure out what to do when you come. (Incentive for you to come. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Oz, you are supposed to have that spring or you wouldn't have the serrated knob. But, it isn't unusual for the springs to break from working and fall out.

I'll put these hinges in a box with your name on it and we can figure out what to do when you come. (Incentive for you to come. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Thanks for that Gary! We don't need the incentive to come - we are definitely coming. It's just a logistical task working out the timing to get from A, B and C and so on. We'll start in NYC on August 24 then a road trip from Washington DC on to North and South Carolina, Nashville, Memphis and on to Gary's gathering ;)

Thanks for that Gary! We don't need the incentive to come - we are definitely coming. It's just a logistical task working out the timing to get from A, B and C and so on. We'll start in NYC on August 24 then a road trip from Washington DC on to North and South Carolina, Nashville, Memphis and on to Gary's gathering ;)

Glad you'll be there - both of you. :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm going to cut the top off of Huck in the not too distant future and store it away for you as well.

Oz, here is a pic of the spring installed. It is difficult to make out. It is the rusty looking vertical piece. You are seeing from an angle that doesn't show the "S".

I took the '82 on it's maiden voyage. I went to Myrtle Beach yesterday to see a female friend I help. It was about 200 miles, truck did fine. I really had not driven it since I bought it as I went to work on leaks and the interior right away. There are some things that need attention, alignment being the most important now. I stopped at my favorite vintage Esso station. I actually am going to build a replica on my property :)

esso.jpg.7b3450f8a70d62f4d40b2a474d2f3a34.jpg

I took the '82 on it's maiden voyage. I went to Myrtle Beach yesterday to see a female friend I help. It was about 200 miles, truck did fine. I really had not driven it since I bought it as I went to work on leaks and the interior right away. There are some things that need attention, alignment being the most important now. I stopped at my favorite vintage Esso station. I actually am going to build a replica on my property :)

Looking good! Good job. :nabble_smiley_good:

How big is your Esso station going to be?