Bullnose Forums

My '82 Flareside

PetesPonies

Getting there inside

Gary,

These kinds of reactions will occur when ANY current or previous (e.g. Revolutionary War Confederate) U.S. flag is used for something like this, be it a headliner or seat cover or something else.

This touches a lot of different emotions in different people with different values, and people react exactly like you can see here in this thread.

C'est la vie; it gives people an opportunity to display their true colors, I guess.

Gary,

These kinds of reactions will occur when ANY current or previous (e.g. Revolutionary War Confederate) U.S. flag is used for something like this, be it a headliner or seat cover or something else.

This touches a lot of different emotions in different people with different values, and people react exactly like you can see here in this thread.

C'est la vie; it gives people an opportunity to display their true colors, I guess.

Chris - I agree. Which is why I've not said anything. As long as the comments aren't hateful or mean-spirited I'll let them continue.

Basics, maybe. details, not so much.

Calm down Pumkin'.

We as a society want everything our way, do what we want, and everyone needs a "participation trophy"

Basic rules and etiquette seem to serve a purpose only when you want it to....

If you want to be Ignorant, (not arrogant or disrespectful) please be my guest. But your cutting up a flag to use it as a headliner, (as cool as a 16 year old may think it is) you may find yourself in a confrontation with someone in the near future riding around like that.

I do find this disturbing and a unit of measure how far we have let us go.....

We need to start following some common sense rules/guidelines like put the phone down and not walk into the pole, the need cars that stop for us cause we don't watch the road and instead of cracking down on rules, ...make the car stop for the dufusses.....

Take some responsibility and pride in yourself...

Lieutenant Ron Recchia

Don't ever tell me to calm down. I am my own spirit, of which you have no control over. That's as nice as I can be without a gesture. Find something else to bitch about.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't ever tell me to calm down. I am my own spirit, of which you have no control over. That's as nice as I can be without a gesture. Find something else to bitch about.

Now that the seat is recovered and installed, all that is left are the door panels inside. But that brings in some work that needs done to the left door. I need to install an S spring and I had some terribly, heavy chipping on the door, as well as two spots in the lower corners. So the door came off, the chips addressed as well as the corners. Primed today, sanded and sprayed tomorrow morning and back on the truck late afternoon.

left_door_work.jpg.207b7ab7f4af86614fdbd393f4855e08.jpg

Now that the seat is recovered and installed, all that is left are the door panels inside. But that brings in some work that needs done to the left door. I need to install an S spring and I had some terribly, heavy chipping on the door, as well as two spots in the lower corners. So the door came off, the chips addressed as well as the corners. Primed today, sanded and sprayed tomorrow morning and back on the truck late afternoon.

Hey Petesponies have you got any pics of he hinges as I think both my doors are missing them too. Where did you get the replacement parts and how hard were they to change

Hey Petesponies have you got any pics of he hinges as I think both my doors are missing them too. Where did you get the replacement parts and how hard were they to change

No pics, but I could take one tomorrow. Nothing fancy . .its the way Ford hinges were sprung for many years. Do your doors not stay open?

No they don't and it looks like there is parts missing and both doors are the same

All this refers to the upper hinge.The S spring is called that because it forms a perfect S shape. There were two types of hinges, one used a spring steel plate, the other the S. Do your hinges have holes top and bottom of the hinge where the S spring can be inserted? Or do you have a broken off plate in the middle of the upper hinge.

All this refers to the upper hinge.The S spring is called that because it forms a perfect S shape. There were two types of hinges, one used a spring steel plate, the other the S. Do your hinges have holes top and bottom of the hinge where the S spring can be inserted? Or do you have a broken off plate in the middle of the upper hinge.

Did the paint repair before football, installed the door after football. Good day. Now , I really have to decide what to do about the speaker grille.

door_back_on.thumb.jpg.c3f404ea1c585d0a1aadfcf69a9ecc6f.jpg

Did the paint repair before football, installed the door after football. Good day. Now , I really have to decide what to do about the speaker grille.

Making good progress. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the speaker grille, scoring a pair of good ones from a salvage, or from someone on here would solve the problem. But I'll warn you that people have told me the re-pops from places like LMC aren't as good as the original ones. A friend put the ones from LMC on and they flex quite a bit, as if the plastic isn't as thick or some bracing wasn't included.