Bullnose Forums

My '82 Flareside

PetesPonies

Looks GOOD! 👍

Actually, isn't that "improper" use of the flag?......

A. it is lot lighted at night

B. hole cut in it...

Just sayin.

The cops around here actually stopped a Red-neck in a jeep for using a U.S. flag as a Bikini top on the jeep during the fourth of July......

B. hole cut in it...

Just sayin.

The cops around here actually stopped a Red-neck in a jeep for using a U.S. flag as a Bikini top on the jeep during the fourth of July......

Honoring a flag is not misusing a flag . .JUST SAYIN !!!!!

B. hole cut in it...

Just sayin.

From when I was a Scoutmaster in Boy Scouts teaching flag etiquette what I think I figured out was that there really aren't many (if any) laws about how you need to treat the flag (especially now that flag-burning is protected free speech), but there are a lot of guidelines. By those guidelines, yes, using a flag as a headliner is very improper. Most people that do things like that do them as a sign of respect for the flag, but others will take it in the opposite way. Remember when Kid Rock wore an American flag as a scarf in the Super Bowl half-time show, and then tossed it on an amp when he was done?

Actually (as I recall) using flags as decoration violates the code. Something like you can have one flag displayed, but if you want more red, white and blue than that you should use bunting.

Personally I don't get too wrapped up about it. I try to do what I remember is right, but I certainly don't get worked up when someone respects the flag in an alternative way.

From when I was a Scoutmaster in Boy Scouts teaching flag etiquette what I think I figured out was that there really aren't many (if any) laws about how you need to treat the flag (especially now that flag-burning is protected free speech), but there are a lot of guidelines. By those guidelines, yes, using a flag as a headliner is very improper. Most people that do things like that do them as a sign of respect for the flag, but others will take it in the opposite way. Remember when Kid Rock wore an American flag as a scarf in the Super Bowl half-time show, and then tossed it on an amp when he was done?

Actually (as I recall) using flags as decoration violates the code. Something like you can have one flag displayed, but if you want more red, white and blue than that you should use bunting.

Personally I don't get too wrapped up about it. I try to do what I remember is right, but I certainly don't get worked up when someone respects the flag in an alternative way.

I posted pictures of my painted trim that I added to this truck. You guys can frickin BITE ME ! Am I clear enough?

....I certainly don't get worked up when someone respects the flag in an alternative way.

Please don't get so worked up when someone is supporting you.

I didn't asking for anyone's commentary on the flag. As a matter of fact, I didn't ask a question at all. I was posting my progress with the interior transformation. The basics seem to be lost by some.

I didn't asking for anyone's commentary on the flag. As a matter of fact, I didn't ask a question at all. I was posting my progress with the interior transformation. The basics seem to be lost by some.

Basics, maybe. details, not so much.

Calm down Pumkin'.

We as a society want everything our way, do what we want, and everyone needs a "participation trophy"

Basic rules and etiquette seem to serve a purpose only when you want it to....

If you want to be Ignorant, (not arrogant or disrespectful) please be my guest. But your cutting up a flag to use it as a headliner, (as cool as a 16 year old may think it is) you may find yourself in a confrontation with someone in the near future riding around like that.

I do find this disturbing and a unit of measure how far we have let us go.....

We need to start following some common sense rules/guidelines like put the phone down and not walk into the pole, the need cars that stop for us cause we don't watch the road and instead of cracking down on rules, ...make the car stop for the dufusses.....

Take some responsibility and pride in yourself...

Lieutenant Ron Recchia