Bullnose Forums

My '82 Flareside

PetesPonies

I think I posted some stuff before, but here are some of my "creations"

'84 BII with '66 Bronco grille

'89 Ranger, with earlier front sheet metal and a '61 F100 grille. Rear bumper is a fullsize, cut down as well.

My '83 Bronco with a '64 F100 grille being adapted. Not done this.

And others, can't find pics now :) OH, and motorcycles too, make them look older.

Turned this . . . .

into this . . .

and even a seventies Yamaha into a sixties British bike LOL

Ok I'll stop, you know enough now :)

Pete - Those are cool projects! You obviously have an eye and talent for that. 👍

I’m curious, is the BII’s width pretty close to the early Bronco’s width? It looks like the early grille fit almost perfectly, but is that because it did or because you made it look like it?

Pete - Those are cool projects! You obviously have an eye and talent for that. 👍

I’m curious, is the BII’s width pretty close to the early Bronco’s width? It looks like the early grille fit almost perfectly, but is that because it did or because you made it look like it?

That was by far the easiest. The width of the early Grille is very close, once you remove the part of the grille that forms the front of the fenders.Google ab EB grille and you will see what I mean. But once you cut that off, what is left is very close. You just have to figure mounting. The Ranger had that '61 grille cut in two places. I removed 7" from each side, then welded it back. Rear bumper, 6" from each side. The '83 Bronco with the '64, will definitely be the most challenging. I have cut about 2 inches on each side I believe, then welded back together o get it close in length. Length is not the challenge though. As wide as a Bullnose is, you wouldn't think the '64 was considerably wider, but it is. But making it fit the Bullnose front end is the problem. I'll get it, just needs a lot more work. I've been working on the rest of the body lately.I put a '73 front on a '79 F100. That is a bolt up except for the headlight buckets. The '79 had square, so I had to add round buckets and had to mount them. Not too difficult in comparison.

That was by far the easiest. The width of the early Grille is very close, once you remove the part of the grille that forms the front of the fenders.Google ab EB grille and you will see what I mean. But once you cut that off, what is left is very close. You just have to figure mounting. The Ranger had that '61 grille cut in two places. I removed 7" from each side, then welded it back. Rear bumper, 6" from each side. The '83 Bronco with the '64, will definitely be the most challenging. I have cut about 2 inches on each side I believe, then welded back together o get it close in length. Length is not the challenge though. As wide as a Bullnose is, you wouldn't think the '64 was considerably wider, but it is. But making it fit the Bullnose front end is the problem. I'll get it, just needs a lot more work. I've been working on the rest of the body lately.I put a '73 front on a '79 F100. That is a bolt up except for the headlight buckets. The '79 had square, so I had to add round buckets and had to mount them. Not too difficult in comparison.

Thanks for that explanation. I wouldn’t have expected the ‘64 to be wider than a Bullnose. Keep us posted on those projects. 👍

Pete - First, I have two upper door hinges that have the S-spring.

Second, I have some of what you need to install a headliner. Here's the diagram from this page: Interior/Rear Corner Trim:

Of that, I have the piece that goes above the windshield (03606), although you may already have that. And I have the two pieces that go above the doors (51756), the one that goes above the rear window (42410), and the one that goes below the rear window (42456). But, I don't have spares of the ones that go on the A-pillar (03598) nor the B-pillar one. In fact, I need to find good ones of those for Dad's truck.

Anyway, any and all of the above is your for the shipping cost. Here's a pic of the tan set that I have, but I also have a blue set. I see in this pic that the piece that goes above the windshield has a bit of a bend, and while it isn't noticeable you are welcome to the blue one if you'd rather.

I found the other interior trim pieces I needed to add a headliner. So I am recoloring them today. Gary sent me a few of the metal trim pieces, in tan. I can tell you that the Colorbond Saddle is a perfect match for the tan that was on the trim originally. Saddle is the color I'm using for my interior. Not sure what year the pieces are from Gray sent, he can tell us that.

I found the other interior trim pieces I needed to add a headliner. So I am recoloring them today. Gary sent me a few of the metal trim pieces, in tan. I can tell you that the Colorbond Saddle is a perfect match for the tan that was on the trim originally. Saddle is the color I'm using for my interior. Not sure what year the pieces are from Gray sent, he can tell us that.

Those were from an '82.

My interior was originally red, but changed by a previous owner. However, it wasn't done very well. So I redid it all and just liked the way Saddle looks. I had used Saddle previously. So I guess it is a match for Fawn as the stock '82 color?

That would be my guess. I don't have the certification label off that truck so don't really know.