Bullnose Forums

My '82 Flareside

PetesPonies

Sounds like you may be looking for headliner style trim pieces, but if you do end up keeping the non-headliner design I realized I actually have another set of the retractor covers in my 1981. I want to go with a headliner, so if you do end up wanting these, they are available. The crumbly parts seem to be right around the slots for the belts:

Thanks. I do want an headliner. Thought I could d it with metal trim. That isn't the case, so I need the plastic pieces. I have a headliner design I'm looking forward to using ;)

Thanks. I do want an headliner. Thought I could d it with metal trim. That isn't the case, so I need the plastic pieces. I have a headliner design I'm looking forward to using ;)

Pete - First, I have two upper door hinges that have the S-spring.

Second, I have some of what you need to install a headliner. Here's the diagram from this page: Interior/Rear Corner Trim:

Interior_Illustration_For_Pete.thumb.jpg.abe7d8dd722178d38cd8e9e38301e6b9.jpg

Of that, I have the piece that goes above the windshield (03606), although you may already have that. And I have the two pieces that go above the doors (51756), the one that goes above the rear window (42410), and the one that goes below the rear window (42456). But, I don't have spares of the ones that go on the A-pillar (03598) nor the B-pillar one. In fact, I need to find good ones of those for Dad's truck.

Anyway, any and all of the above is your for the shipping cost. Here's a pic of the tan set that I have, but I also have a blue set. I see in this pic that the piece that goes above the windshield has a bit of a bend, and while it isn't noticeable you are welcome to the blue one if you'd rather.

Interior_Trim_For_Pete.thumb.jpg.9762a940206acf4524e75794ab1fc14f.jpg

Pete - First, I have two upper door hinges that have the S-spring.

Second, I have some of what you need to install a headliner. Here's the diagram from this page: Interior/Rear Corner Trim:

Of that, I have the piece that goes above the windshield (03606), although you may already have that. And I have the two pieces that go above the doors (51756), the one that goes above the rear window (42410), and the one that goes below the rear window (42456). But, I don't have spares of the ones that go on the A-pillar (03598) nor the B-pillar one. In fact, I need to find good ones of those for Dad's truck.

Anyway, any and all of the above is your for the shipping cost. Here's a pic of the tan set that I have, but I also have a blue set. I see in this pic that the piece that goes above the windshield has a bit of a bend, and while it isn't noticeable you are welcome to the blue one if you'd rather.

First of all thanks!! If the one above the windshield is the same ( not sure why it would be different ) then I have that. But the other four would be great. Is there special attaching clips/hardware or such needed?

And I do need a drivers side hinge or spring. My '83 Bronco has the S spring as well, when did they switch?

First of all thanks!! If the one above the windshield is the same ( not sure why it would be different ) then I have that. But the other four would be great. Is there special attaching clips/hardware or such needed?

And I do need a drivers side hinge or spring. My '83 Bronco has the S spring as well, when did they switch?

Looks like the piece above the windshield is the same, regardless, as there is only one part number.

Interior_Windshield_Trim_For_Pete.thumb.jpg.b73f8ae81022ec9fb2a8649d477e96a6.jpg

As for the hinges, they apparently changed in '88 as the prefix on the part number shown below is "E8". But they obviously fit back through 1980. Anyway, I'd guess that the different hinge came in with the new hinge in '88.

Door_Upper_Hinge.thumb.jpg.0a4ad05c47754998d7e798a4f48a1ed1.jpg

Shoot me an email with your address and I'll get the stuff shipped in a couple of days, although things are pretty busy at the mo and it may be early next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly didn't intend on the truck being down for so long after I bought it. Its going to be a DD truck, but I had things I wanted to change. Now I'm waiting to find some interior trim pieces before I finish the interior . . and start driving it. Anyway, I got the wheels painted I wanted to use and have a cap on one . .

wheel_and_cap.jpg.2245a24e5ce1fa08358e2532edacc2ef.jpg . so here it is. I will be painting the roof and the tailgate letters the same color I painted the wheels.

I certainly didn't intend on the truck being down for so long after I bought it. Its going to be a DD truck, but I had things I wanted to change. Now I'm waiting to find some interior trim pieces before I finish the interior . . and start driving it. Anyway, I got the wheels painted I wanted to use and have a cap on one . .

. so here it is. I will be painting the roof and the tailgate letters the same color I painted the wheels.

Interesting choice of wheel color. I'm waiting on an overall view of the truck to see what I think of it. But, I'm sure it'll be great. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the length of time, I have never seen someone say it went faster than they expected.

Interesting choice of wheel color. I'm waiting on an overall view of the truck to see what I think of it. But, I'm sure it'll be great. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the length of time, I have never seen someone say it went faster than they expected.

It's 1965 Tropical Turquoise. I think I said long ago, I like older things, so I always incorporate them when I can. Paint is easy. I'm keeping the grille area stock, which is saying something for me :) That's why this will be an easy one. Just some old paint and wheel caps.

It's 1965 Tropical Turquoise. I think I said long ago, I like older things, so I always incorporate them when I can. Paint is easy. I'm keeping the grille area stock, which is saying something for me :) That's why this will be an easy one. Just some old paint and wheel caps.

It does give it a much older look. :nabble_smiley_good:

I like your vintage direction. I think that's why I like the 80/81's so much. It's the little touches like thread on gear shift knobs and metal fender badges that give them a more antique feel. The 80/81 grille feels "older" to me as well and I like it. I like your wheels more than the fancy spider man looking aluminum wheels that are all the rage these days. Especially on the diesel groups I see a lot of kids trying to "update" the look of their trucks with carbon fiber wrap, industrial themed paint and trim, etc., It's everywhere and it looks awful. At least to my taste. I'm with Gary, I am looking forward to a view of the finished product.

I like your vintage direction. I think that's why I like the 80/81's so much. It's the little touches like thread on gear shift knobs and metal fender badges that give them a more antique feel. The 80/81 grille feels "older" to me as well and I like it. I like your wheels more than the fancy spider man looking aluminum wheels that are all the rage these days. Especially on the diesel groups I see a lot of kids trying to "update" the look of their trucks with carbon fiber wrap, industrial themed paint and trim, etc., It's everywhere and it looks awful. At least to my taste. I'm with Gary, I am looking forward to a view of the finished product.

I think I posted some stuff before, but here are some of my "creations"

b8.jpg.08cd657469745b97b9364bd3c2d630fe.jpg

'84 BII with '66 Bronco grille

ranger_front_left.jpg.f2f9a9f5ce4de04f1fdff3e8110679ea.jpg

ranger13.thumb.jpg.742e2eb61691f45f7a6eee220ade8c56.jpg

'89 Ranger, with earlier front sheet metal and a '61 F100 grille. Rear bumper is a fullsize, cut down as well.

cut_grille_and_zipped_in.jpg.74fd6737442806238334970521952b80.jpg

My '83 Bronco with a '64 F100 grille being adapted. Not done this.

And others, can't find pics now :) OH, and motorcycles too, make them look older.

Honda-CB750-Super-Sport-Right-Side.jpg.8211830d079ff8238501bfd76f8dcc26.jpg

Turned this . . . .

CB_outside_2.jpg.080854bc33bcf4b19b70b5dea2e4632b.jpg

into this . . .

and even a seventies Yamaha into a sixties British bike LOL

xs65075.jpg.a99677e7bbdd2866b9eac74b5e0f4dac.jpg

my_Brit.jpg.d41ab7fd67f3fa394f7ad223a5e46a44.jpg

Ok I'll stop, you know enough now :)