Bullnose Forums

Baby Seat

I’m guessing the concern is the narrowness of the bench and very upright back. Most car seats will likely hang off the edge. Probably not a big deal if they are fastened tightly, but using the retractable vehicle belts might not work so great. Go for the center belt that is at least a fixed length.

Are you needing a forward facing child seat or a rear facing infant seat? Are the front seats the 50/50 bench or captain chairs with a console? I know the usual advice is that the back seat is safest, but if I had to carry a rear facing infant car seat in a a Supercab I would probably want a front bench seat with the infant seat in the center with a tightly adjusted lap belt.

If you are talking about a forward facing seat, look for ones that are flat on the bottom. Many of the larger “booster” style seats are rounded and made to nest into the bucket depressions that most vehicles now have. When my son was about 4 years old I had a seat like that in my 1966 F100 with a flat bench seat. No matter how tight I tightened it, the seat would roll to the side when I drove around corners. My son would complain daddy daddy I’m knocking over!!! Some of the Graco seats that I have for my grandkids adjust quite large but don’t have the round bottom and would work much better. I believe we now have six car seats for the live-in grand kids... two each in three vehicles. When I get home on Monday after my work block I will check them out and see if one might look like a better fit than the others for a narrow Supercab bench.

I’m guessing the concern is the narrowness of the bench and very upright back. Most car seats will likely hang off the edge. Probably not a big deal if they are fastened tightly, but using the retractable vehicle belts might not work so great. Go for the center belt that is at least a fixed length.

Are you needing a forward facing child seat or a rear facing infant seat? Are the front seats the 50/50 bench or captain chairs with a console? I know the usual advice is that the back seat is safest, but if I had to carry a rear facing infant car seat in a a Supercab I would probably want a front bench seat with the infant seat in the center with a tightly adjusted lap belt.

If you are talking about a forward facing seat, look for ones that are flat on the bottom. Many of the larger “booster” style seats are rounded and made to nest into the bucket depressions that most vehicles now have. When my son was about 4 years old I had a seat like that in my 1966 F100 with a flat bench seat. No matter how tight I tightened it, the seat would roll to the side when I drove around corners. My son would complain daddy daddy I’m knocking over!!! Some of the Graco seats that I have for my grandkids adjust quite large but don’t have the round bottom and would work much better. I believe we now have six car seats for the live-in grand kids... two each in three vehicles. When I get home on Monday after my work block I will check them out and see if one might look like a better fit than the others for a narrow Supercab bench.

Yes the problem is the narrowness of the bench.

That and so many of the new baby seats are so large.

We are looking for a rear facing baby seat. But really I am interested in any seat that you guys think would fit right.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave