Bullnose Forums

1986 Bronco [can you say choo choo?]

Haha...I saw this one this morning when I was having my first coffee.

Did you spit your coffee out? I'm glad David didn't post that while I was sipping. :nabble_smiley_argh:

So, the implications of "HAS HY RAIL GEAR FOR RAIL ROAD CAN TAKE OFF" suggests you can get on the tracks and make time! :nabble_smiley_evil:

So, the bracket arrangement on the steering column is to prevent you from turning the wheel when you and the tracks?

Did you spit your coffee out?

So, the bracket arrangement on the steering column is to prevent you from turning the wheel when you and the tracks?

I didn't spit my coffee out, no, but I think that $4500 asking price is a bit of a rich starting point for this old thing. It's a retired work vehicle with 112,000 miles on it. It's bright (but faded) orange and has been patched up, and it wasn't even a nice model to begin with...lol. And, maybe I'm a bit jaded here...but I think you'd have to be a fairly patient soul to buy a 302 EFI Bullnose.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I get it though. This was likely purchased at an auction for, I dunno, a thousand bucks? Maybe $2000, and the guy is just trying to flip it. From that point of view, it makes sense. I don't know what scrap metal is going for these days, but this thing must have a 1000 lbs of rail gear on it? Or more?

Did you spit your coffee out?

I didn't spit my coffee out, no, but I think that $4500 asking price is a bit of a rich starting point for this old thing. It's a retired work vehicle with 112,000 miles on it. It's bright (but faded) orange and has been patched up, and it wasn't even a nice model to begin with...lol. And, maybe I'm a bit jaded here...but I think you'd have to be a fairly patient soul to buy a 302 EFI Bullnose.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I get it though. This was likely purchased at an auction for, I dunno, a thousand bucks? Maybe $2000, and the guy is just trying to flip it. From that point of view, it makes sense. I don't know what scrap metal is going for these days, but this thing must have a 1000 lbs of rail gear on it? Or more?

Yes, the starting price is OTT. (Let's see how much Brit you actually speak. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

But removing that railroad hardware would be a huge pain. That stuff's gotta weigh a ton!

Yes, the starting price is OTT. (Let's see how much Brit you actually speak.

By the way, while on the topic of different terms we use on opposite sides of the pond, this one was mentioned on one of my Podcasts the other day. A British guy mentioned a term that he hears in the US all the time and NEVER hears anybody say it in the UK: When you ask somebody "What's your story?".

Ha! It was funny to me, because I ask people that all the time...lol.

The British guy said you'd never hear anybody ask that in the UK unless it was during an intense police interrogation...lol.

Yes, the starting price is OTT. (Let's see how much Brit you actually speak.

By the way, while on the topic of different terms we use on opposite sides of the pond, this one was mentioned on one of my Podcasts the other day. A British guy mentioned a term that he hears in the US all the time and NEVER hears anybody say it in the UK: When you ask somebody "What's your story?".

Ha! It was funny to me, because I ask people that all the time...lol.

The British guy said you'd never hear anybody ask that in the UK unless it was during an intense police interrogation...lol.

Well, we might have another Brit soon. I'm "recruiting" Matt Wood from FB. He volunteered to send me info on his truck, like the build sheet, Marti report, etc, and I recognized his town name when messaging. We shall see.