Bullnose Forum

Nice 1982 F250 4X4 on Ebay. PNW truck, one owner, 88k miles

Nice looking F250 4x4 in Oregon on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312520227335

It's not perfect but it's pretty clean looking....ad says one owner, garage kept, original paint...

I see leaf sprung front end. NP435 trans, 351w and 3.54 gears. Nice HD truck if somebody was in the market for one of these;)>

No reserve auction, so we'll see where the price goes.

Yep, nice truck. Even if it has an aftermarket air cleaner on it and bucket seats where it shouldn't.

Yeah, I noticed that stuff. They'd be super easy to swap out for original equipment if one wanted to keep it more of a factory ride. Overall though, it's clean and straight, with low-ish miles, and in my opinion, desirable equipment...I'd like the 351 and 4spd myself, but we all have our preferences.

Yep, nice truck. Even if it has an aftermarket air cleaner on it and bucket seats where it shouldn't.

Yeah, I noticed that stuff. They'd be super easy to swap out for original equipment if one wanted to keep it more of a factory ride. Overall though, it's clean and straight, with low-ish miles, and in my opinion, desirable equipment...I'd like the 351 and 4spd myself, but we all have our preferences.

True. But, depending on how he installed the buckets there could be additional holes in the floor. And, it is even possible that there's damage to the floor.

In the late 60's Chrysler sold vehicles with bench seats and with bucket seats. But the ones with buckets from the factory had additional bracing in the floor. And if you swapped buckets into a vehicle that didn't have the bracing the floor would eventually work-harden and crack where it was flexing.

I don't know how strong the floor is for these trucks, but I do know that there's extra bracing where the bench seats bolt in on a regular cab. So how long will it take for the floor to flex and crack if you drill holes and bolt in buckets? I don't know. But, I'm leery of doing things the shade-tree way. Ford reinforced the floor for a reason, and bypassing that reinforcement seems a bad idea to me.

However, perhaps this guy got the "tray" or "bracket" from a later truck and did it right? I dunno.

True. But, depending on how he installed the buckets there could be additional holes in the floor. And, it is even possible that there's damage to the floor.

In the late 60's Chrysler sold vehicles with bench seats and with bucket seats. But the ones with buckets from the factory had additional bracing in the floor. And if you swapped buckets into a vehicle that didn't have the bracing the floor would eventually work-harden and crack where it was flexing.

I don't know how strong the floor is for these trucks, but I do know that there's extra bracing where the bench seats bolt in on a regular cab. So how long will it take for the floor to flex and crack if you drill holes and bolt in buckets? I don't know. But, I'm leery of doing things the shade-tree way. Ford reinforced the floor for a reason, and bypassing that reinforcement seems a bad idea to me.

However, perhaps this guy got the "tray" or "bracket" from a later truck and did it right? I dunno.

I don't know what those bucket seats are out of, but just by BS luck I happened to notice this Bullnose in California has the exact same buckets in it, albeit with different upholstery:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-ana-ford-150/6825118268.html

I guess at a glance I assumed that they were Ford seats from a later model (and I have no idea how they mount).

I don't know what those bucket seats are out of, but just by BS luck I happened to notice this Bullnose in California has the exact same buckets in it, albeit with different upholstery:

I guess at a glance I assumed that they were Ford seats from a later model (and I have no idea how they mount).

I thought they are Bronco or Supercab seats, but I don't know.

And the fact that we see them in two regular cab trucks that appear to have had little done to them makes me wonder. As explained here, my understanding is that regular cab and crew cab trucks had one front floor pan and Supercabs and Broncos the other. Both take the bench seats, but only the Supercab/Bronco floor pan is set up for the buckets.

So, is that understanding incorrect? Or are there bucket seats that bolt into the bench bolt holes? Or how did these guys do it?

Cory, don’t those seem more like aeronose 40/20/40 seats? They are available with a regular cab pan...

And the fact that we see them in two regular cab trucks that appear to have had little done to them makes me wonder. As explained here, my understanding is that regular cab and crew cab trucks had one front floor pan and Supercabs and Broncos the other. Both take the bench seats, but only the Supercab/Bronco floor pan is set up for the buckets.

So, is that understanding incorrect? Or are there bucket seats that bolt into the bench bolt holes? Or how did these guys do it?

To me that bucket seat appears to be the style that has the same mounting as a bench seat. When you flip the console up, it becomes your center seat. The seat back is different and the bottom seat is modified making it a "bucket seat" that doesn't require inboard mounting bracket and additional floor bracing.

I don't recognize the seats at all...it's just funny that I happened to find two trucks randomly with the same seat.

They're also upholstered to match each truck...maybe there were an aftermarket LMC offering from years ago? I really don't know.

I don't recognize the seats at all...it's just funny that I happened to find two trucks randomly with the same seat.

They're also upholstered to match each truck...maybe there were an aftermarket LMC offering from years ago? I really don't know.

I think that could be right. I have seen that seat style before, I believe they are after market.