Bullnose Forums

1970 Ford 500 with a turbocharged 300

This is a great video for us straight six lovers Gary! I wonder what the rwtq is? And what all was done to the engine besides turbo...

I thought there'd be a few on here that really liked that video. :nabble_smiley_good:

Perhaps someone can figure out what all's been done to that engine and let us know?

I thought there'd be a few on here that really liked that video. :nabble_smiley_good:

Perhaps someone can figure out what all's been done to that engine and let us know?

Looks like fun!

Edit: Took me a while to find the "Message is in HTML Format" tick. Thought it must be near that danged "710" hole! :nabble_smiley_blush:

Check out No Bull Motorsports...they have their own Facebook page. Nothing written, but lots of pictures of the engine.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Amateur-Sports-Team/NO-BULL-Motorsports-1045693232120915/

4bbl carb plate grafted on to the top of an EFI intake, and dual EFI exhaust manifolds feeding the big turbo. I like it!

I admire the ingenuity of these guys. Well done I'd say. I enjoy these type of builds a lot.

17951707_1407892315901003_8140818278008561328_n.jpg.ba96c59b965aae85bf6ffd360899ffa7.jpg

Check out No Bull Motorsports...they have their own Facebook page. Nothing written, but lots of pictures of the engine.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Amateur-Sports-Team/NO-BULL-Motorsports-1045693232120915/

4bbl carb plate grafted on to the top of an EFI intake, and dual EFI exhaust manifolds feeding the big turbo. I like it!

I admire the ingenuity of these guys. Well done I'd say. I enjoy these type of builds a lot.

Thanks for the link! That’s awesome. I too, love builds like this. Looks like he had an earlier version using carb manifolds, then changed to EFI manifolds and re-did the engine. Or put in a different engine? I wish he had at least put photo comments, but the build looks pretty home grown and I’m betting not a lot of fancy modifications.

Thanks for the link! That’s awesome. I too, love builds like this. Looks like he had an earlier version using carb manifolds, then changed to EFI manifolds and re-did the engine. Or put in a different engine? I wish he had at least put photo comments, but the build looks pretty home grown and I’m betting not a lot of fancy modifications.

So did this truck have the 300/6 from the factory?

I see there are no left and right side engine mounts like there would be in a Bullnose pickup...just the bellhousing and then a front engine mount. Is that set-up factory or something homegrown.

I'm guessing that this thing was a budget build with a big Ebay turbo.

So did this truck have the 300/6 from the factory?

I see there are no left and right side engine mounts like there would be in a Bullnose pickup...just the bellhousing and then a front engine mount. Is that set-up factory or something homegrown.

I'm guessing that this thing was a budget build with a big Ebay turbo.

It probably was originally a 300 truck from the factory. Many medium duty from that era were. And yes, they had front engine mounts. There was a ‘73 at the Prescott junkyard a while back and I got a good look at it. Sadly it was not the original engine. No HD manifolds for David. I would have liked to snag on that truck before it got junked. Would have made a really good water hauler 😔.

It probably was originally a 300 truck from the factory. Many medium duty from that era were. And yes, they had front engine mounts. There was a ‘73 at the Prescott junkyard a while back and I got a good look at it. Sadly it was not the original engine. No HD manifolds for David. I would have liked to snag on that truck before it got junked. Would have made a really good water hauler 😔.

Thanks [re: HD manifold], Jonathan!