Bullnose Forums

85 won't idle runs rough

Well I just got in from working on it. The more I work on it the more it seems to be a fuel issue. It has a new Holley on it so I don't think its the power valve. The carb is probably 500 miles old. What I've found as long as you keep the choke on it's ok, as soon as the choke starts to release it starts to give up. I found a pretty bad rubber line to the mechanical fuel pump and replaced it but still no difference. Guess the next is to isolate the fuel tank and get a fuel pressure gauge?

This is my first Ford is the distributor cap supposed to be so loose?

If it is the stock distributor, the cap should be held in place by the straps, and I don't think it should be loose.

Well I just got in from working on it. The more I work on it the more it seems to be a fuel issue. It has a new Holley on it so I don't think its the power valve. The carb is probably 500 miles old. What I've found as long as you keep the choke on it's ok, as soon as the choke starts to release it starts to give up. I found a pretty bad rubber line to the mechanical fuel pump and replaced it but still no difference. Guess the next is to isolate the fuel tank and get a fuel pressure gauge?

This is my first Ford is the distributor cap supposed to be so loose?

If it is the stock distributor, the cap should be held in place by the straps, and I don't think it should be loose.

Turned out to be the Duraspark unit. Thanks for all your input.'

Donald